2018-2019 Applicants

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

CASPA Submitted: 5/6
Verified/sent to application committee: 5/31

Waiting on further response at this point. I had submitted (last year) 9/6/2017 and was offered an interview for 1/26/18 on 11/2/17. Declined 1/29/18. I had interviewed at a point that all of their seats were already full. 

Really hoping for a better outcome this year. This school is my top choice. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Got an interview invite for Sept 14th today! I'm so excited!! ? I'll be sure to update how it went... fingers crossed it goes well! I really like this school. 

Also do any of you know the interview stats? As in how many are interviewed vs accepted? I didn't find anything on their website but maybe I was looking in the wrong place... I remember reading that they accept 25-ish students every year. 

Sending good vibes to everyone going through the crazy application process.

I have interviewed for this program in the past. I believe they accept 25 every year and typically interview 100 candidates total, filling up seats as they interview. Last year I applied a bit later and was offered an interview in January, then told a few months prior that their class was already full and that the interview was for a spot on the waitlist. So applying earlier is definitely in your advantage for this program. Hope that helps! 

@Rachelpa I look forward to seeing you there!

I was verified 6/12 and turned my secondary in on 6/14. I'm really sorry but I'd rather not share my stats... I know they are important but they are just a tiny fraction of my application and they also include a lot of graduate science coursework. What I can tell you though is that this school seems to look at applicants a whole instead of just numbers! yay! ?

@KP5537 thank you so much for the information! It makes me feel a lot better knowing that the staff are welcoming and the interview is on the shorter side. Also, thanks for the admission stats! It is GREAT that you got an early interview as well, especially since you interviewed for a waitlist spot prior. I wish the best for you!!  Hopefully we all rock it ?

• 1 month later...

Offered a seat today after interviewing on Friday! I’m so excited to be a part of this program. Good luck to all of you waiting to hear back. And to those of you that didn’t get in- don’t give up. It will happen when the time is right. I applied to several schools last year and had 0 acceptances. This year I’ve had 3. Great things take time but it will work out 

On 9/21/2018 at 1:23 PM, marissajanel said:

Hi guys! A PA I got a letter of rec from graduated from this program and told me to apply today. I submitted all of my other apps in early May so it freaks me out applying this late to a program. Thoughts?

From my personal experience, I'm not sure if I would apply this late. I know they accept a majority of their applicants from the first two interview sessions which have already occurred. I learned from personal experience that it is better to apply here early. I applied in September last year and was offered an interview for the waitlist because they had already filled all of their seats.  Of course this could vary slightly from year to year. They only accept 25 total. Just something to keep in mind, but I wish you the best of luck either way! 

13 hours ago, KP5537 said:

From my personal experience, I'm not sure if I would apply this late. I know they accept a majority of their applicants from the first two interview sessions which have already occurred. I learned from personal experience that it is better to apply here early. I applied in September last year and was offered an interview for the waitlist because they had already filled all of their seats.  Of course this could vary slightly from year to year. They only accept 25 total. Just something to keep in mind, but I wish you the best of luck either way! 

thanks so much! I ended up not applying because i did not meet one of the requirements so it all worked out. Thank you ?

• 2 weeks later...

Archived