2018 - 2019 Application Cycle

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 9/20/2018 at 11:59 PM, abush27 said:

Hey Everyone,

I just booked all of my travel!!!! I am so excited ? I am actually flying in from out of the country for the interview lol. I will be flying in to Pittsburgh then flying to Altoona via Southern Airways. Renting a car for a few days. If any of you are planning on meeting up, I will be in Altoona on October 10. October 12 is around the corner.

Best wishes everyone,

AB 

It was so very nice to meet you in person ! Best of luck to you ! I hope you will get your acceptance letter very soon ??

Guest abush27
18 hours ago, YGrabo said:

It was so very nice to meet you in person ! Best of luck to you ! I hope you will get your acceptance letter very soon ??

Hey Yuli!!

It was great meeting you too!! Good Luck on your next interview and safe travels. I hope so too ?

1 hour ago, dk1278 said:

@starryskies1 They told us that as of Friday 10/12, they had 4 seats open and will most likely be filled by the individuals by the end of the day and others will be waitlisted. They said they will notify us by the end of this week or early next week. 

The interview process was very laid back I would say. Mixture of questions. We were interviewed by 2 separate faculty members. 

Yep, I just was about to writ the same ??

Guest abush27
10 hours ago, starryskies1 said:

I'm interviewing on 11/12. I was wondering if they told the group that interviewed on 10/12 anything in regards to the selection process / when you guys will be notified if accepted/waitlisted? Do they really have only less than 5 spots left still, but are interviewing about 120 applicants? I would appreciate any feedback or advice from the interview and how you liked the style, faculty, and campus! I'm coming from California and it would be my first time in Pennsylvania! ?

The interview was an all day thing. So prepare for the long haul. The faculty and students are really passionate about the program and you will have all your questions answered prior to the actual interview! There is a presentation about the program, then financial aid comes in. Some snacks and breakfast is available. Then current students come in and speak about the program and you will be given a tour of the campus. Take that opportunity to ask the students questions. You will then have a lunch and at the end is the interviews. They are two one on ones with program faculty. It is laid back. You will be asked a series of questions where they will try and get to know you and see why their program is best for you.

We were told there were only 4 seats available and these would probably be filled by our interviewing group. You are either accepted, waitlisted, or rejected. We were told we would have decisions by the end of this week or early next week sent by email and followed up bu snail mail.  So chances are that all other interview dates will be for the waitlist.

Prior forums for other cycles say that they do in fact pull from the waitlist. It all depends on those from the 3+2 program that meet standards and remain in the program. There are some who don’t meet requirements, change careers, etc..which then liberates seats for graduate entry students. So that number (4 seats) could easily increase but will not decrease. So it varies. 

Please note: during the 10/12 interview day we were told that sometimes they may pull people as late as the ending of Spring semester. So some may even get a call as late as one week prior to the start of Summer semester. It happened to one of the students that came to speak. 

Best of luck Everyone!

1 hour ago, abush27 said:

The interview was an all day thing. So prepare for the long haul. The faculty and students are really passionate about the program and you will have all your questions answered prior to the actual interview! There is a presentation about the program, then financial aid comes in. Some snacks and breakfast is available. Then current students come in and speak about the program and you will be given a tour of the campus. Take that opportunity to ask the students questions. You will then have a lunch and at the end is the interviews. They are two one on ones with program faculty. It is laid back. You will be asked a series of questions where they will try and get to know you and see why their program is best for you.

We were told there were only 4 seats available and these would probably be filled by our interviewing group. You are either accepted, waitlisted, or rejected. We were told we would have decisions by the end of this week or early next week sent by email and followed up bu snail mail.  So chances are that all other interview dates will be for the waitlist.

Prior forums for other cycles say that they do in fact pull from the waitlist. It all depends on those from the 3+2 program that meet standards and remain in the program. There are some who don’t meet requirements, change careers, etc..which then liberates seats for graduate entry students. So that number (4 seats) could easily increase but will not decrease. So it varies. 

Please note: during the 10/12 interview day we were told that sometimes they may pull people as late as the ending of Spring semester. So some may even get a call as late as one week prior to the start of Summer semester. It happened to one of the students that came to speak. 

Best of luck Everyone!

One of the current students was notified that she was pulled off the waitlist 2 days prior to the start of the program. 

12 minutes ago, dk1278 said:

One of the current students was notified that she was pulled off the waitlist 2 days prior to the start of the program. 

Wow ! It will never work for me as I will have to relocate with my family which includes a toddler, a husband and a dog ?. I hope I know more definitely yeah or neah by the end of this week ??

On 10/16/2018 at 11:26 AM, abush27 said:

Best of luck Everyone!

Thanks for the update!  Please keep us updated for those that get in! Best of luck.

Guest abush27
42 minutes ago, YGrabo said:

Any news for anyone ?

Nothing on my end. I’ve been glued to my phone waiting on an email, call, seeing if any physical mail has arrived. Hopefully soon ????

21 minutes ago, CalBears said:

I have not heard anything either! It’s tough because I want it so badly. I’m sure everyone feels the same. Hopefully by tomorrow! Best of luck, everyone. 

I emailed SFU to ask whether we get an email or just snail mail. They told me by mail and that they sent out the letters on Monday. Hopefully tomorrow we will hear! So be sure to look at your mailboxes. May the odds be ever in our favor! ? 

Archived