2018 - 2019 Application Cycle

3 hours ago, ejw50 said:

Hey guys,

My name is Ethan and I was accepted last cycle to SFU as a graduate transfer.  Feel free to reach out to me if you guys have any questions!  

Best of luck!

Hello Ethan . Thank you for reaching out to us. Any suggestions about interviews style /questions etc ? How is first year of PA school going for you so far? 

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
28 minutes ago, YGrabo said:

Hello Ethan . Thank you for reaching out to us. Any suggestions about interviews style /questions etc ? How is first year of PA school going for you so far? 

I suggest reviewing the program's website and being familiar with their mission.  For the interview, I know some programs follow different styles (MMI, Group, Individual), but for SFU it was individual based with the program faculty - review the basic interview questions you can find online - why you want to be a PA, why would you choose SFU etc...I felt my interviews were relaxed and were more of a conversation so they could get to know you as a person. 

We just finished our summer semester last week and I am definitely enjoying our break!  

Feel free to personal message me if you guys have any specific questions about the program or interview day - I know how stressful the whole process can be.  

19 hours ago, DRUMMERGIRL said:

Got an interview invite as well, November 12! See you guys there! 

I keep wondering though, why they interviewing 120 people for 5 seats... 

I will be there on 11/12 ... I am surprise they interviewing on Veteran’s Day :). My college is closed that day ( I am taking Bio 2 this semester ) . How many people are coming in November ? Should we meet the night before and practice? 

On 8/13/2018 at 11:23 AM, ejw50 said:

Hey guys,

My name is Ethan and I was accepted last cycle to SFU as a graduate transfer.  Feel free to reach out to me if you guys have any questions!  

Best of luck!

Hi Ethan , I have a question for you .

What do you think makes the PA program at SFU unique ? Why did you choose this program over another if you had a choice? Does this program practice volunteer help as a part of its curriculum ?

thank you in advance. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, PAschoollove said:

Oh ok! I think I’m staying at the Courtyard Marriott in Altoona. I still have to book my flight through either American Airlines or Southern Airways.

I am flying United to Newark and my family will drive me to Altoona. Maybe we should meet in the evening with everyone ?

On ‎9‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 10:56 AM, YGrabo said:

Hi guys ?

My interview  date got changed to October 12th! Woo! Hoo! 

Are you planing on meeting the night before ? Do you know if school has meet and greet the night before the interview? 

I am so happy ? they were able to move me closer.

I am looking forward meeting all of you ?

I emailed them that same day (morning) cancelling my October 12th interview! So I am guessing they reached out to you, and replaced me with you! I hope you get in and good luck!!

Hey all, 

Looks like ejw50 has it covered, but if anyone needs another resource, let me know. I was also accepted as a graduate transfer back in 2015. Graduated in 2017 and have been practicing since then. Happy to answer questions or give advice on the program, having recently completed it myself. 

Cheers!

Hey Everyone,

I just booked all of my travel!!!! I am so excited ? I am actually flying in from out of the country for the interview lol. I will be flying in to Pittsburgh then flying to Altoona via Southern Airways. Renting a car for a few days. If any of you are planning on meeting up, I will be in Altoona on October 10. October 12 is around the corner.

Best wishes everyone,

AB 

7 minutes ago, abush27 said:

Hey Everyone,

I just booked all of my travel!!!! I am so excited ? I am actually flying in from out of the country for the interview lol. I will be flying in to Pittsburgh then flying to Altoona via Southern Airways. Renting a car for a few days. If any of you are planning on meeting up, I will be in Altoona on October 10. October 12 is around the corner.

Best wishes everyone,

AB 

I was supposed to be in Altoona on Oct 10, but now I have another interview on Oct 11 at Thomas Jefferson University in NJ. 

I will be in Altoona on Oct 11, but I won’t get in until 9:00pm! I’m down to meet up after to see where we are going for the interview. I’m a little worried because by the time I get into Altoona I won’t have time to rent a car, so I’m hoping to Uber to campus as soon as I get there! Hopefully someone is able to meet up with me, so that I know where I’m going! Lol ?

3 minutes ago, CASPAthefriendlyghost said:

I was supposed to be in Altoona on Oct 10, but now I have another interview on Oct 11 at Thomas Jefferson University in NJ. 

I will be in Altoona on Oct 11, but I won’t get in until 9:00pm! I’m down to meet up after to see where we are going for the interview. I’m a little worried because by the time I get into Altoona I won’t have time to rent a car, so I’m hoping to Uber to campus as soon as I get there! Hopefully someone is able to meet up with me, so that I know where I’m going! Lol ?

I am down to give ya a ride to campus on interview day and then take you back where you need to on the way back from the interview. It'll be difficult to get a rental and make it on time to campus I think. You just let me know, its a non-issue ?

2 minutes ago, abush27 said:

I am down to give ya a ride to campus on interview day and then take you back where you need to on the way back from the interview. It'll be difficult to get a rental and make it on time to campus I think. You just let me know, its a non-issue ?

That would be great! I’m staying at the Courtyard Marriott hotel in Altoona! Where are you staying? If you don’t mind my asking!

Just now, CASPAthefriendlyghost said:

That would be great! I’m staying at the Courtyard Marriott hotel in Altoona! Where are you staying? If you don’t mind my asking!

Listen, 

GIven I am flying in from central america, I had to keep the costs down, staying at a Motel 6 LOOOL. Gets the job done. hahaha. I guess just PM me your number and we move on from there. 

Regards ?

20 hours ago, abush27 said:

Listen, 

GIven I am flying in from central america, I had to keep the costs down, staying at a Motel 6 LOOOL. Gets the job done. hahaha. I guess just PM me your number and we move on from there. 

Regards ?

Haha! Ayyy it’s ok! If it makes you feel any better, It was expensive to redirect my flight lol and I’m from FL! ? I will DM you!

13 minutes ago, YGrabo said:

How do you feel guys ? Interview in two weeks ! Are you ready ?

Time is definitely flying, I feel great!! I'm working on getting my wardrobe together lol, a little nervous because of my academic history, there is a component that will definitely come up in conversation at the interview, so that is on my mind heavily now.

Happy Friday!!

37 minutes ago, abush27 said:

Time is definitely flying, I feel great!! I'm working on getting my wardrobe together lol, a little nervous because of my academic history, there is a component that will definitely come up in conversation at the interview, so that is on my mind heavily now.

Happy Friday!!

I just finished my first interview ever at another school, I really feel we worry too much for no reason :). Don’t stress , just prepare good explanation and stick with it ! 

1 minute ago, YGrabo said:

I just finished my first interview ever at another school, I really feel we worry too much for no reason :). Don’t stress , just prepare good explanation and stick with it ! 

Congrats on your first interview!! Yes I have my explanation and I will definitely stick to it. 

Archived