2018 - 2019 Application Cycle

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, PAschoollove said:

Hello!

CASPA Submitted- 5/23/18

CASPA verified- 5/24/18

Received a letter from SFU 06/12/18 stating that they have begun to review my material and at this time they have less than five seats available for the class that begins in May of 2019. States the seats change over time and will let me know if I will be invited for interview.

Got the same email today 

• 4 weeks later...
22 minutes ago, PrePA94 said:

I got an interview as well! And will be going for the Oct 12th slot too! See you all then!!

Congrats on everyone’s interviews! Is anyone willing to share GRE scores? I really wanted an interview here but am worried my GRE score is holding me back I had 150v 151q and 4.0 W 

13 minutes ago, Lukeh205 said:

Congrats on everyone’s interviews! Is anyone willing to share GRE scores? I really wanted an interview here but am worried my GRE score is holding me back I had 150v 151q and 4.0 W 

I got the SAME exact scores in every single section!! Also- Im not too sure, do they even require GRE?

21 minutes ago, PrePA94 said:

I got the SAME exact scores in every single section!! Also- Im not too sure, do they even require GRE?

I’m pretty sure they do and I know I sent my scores there lol, but I have 3.5 overall 3.5 science, 3500 hours emergency room patient care assistant, 146 shadowing hours, and lots of volunteer and really good lettersof rec plus 6 years military ( not medical experience) so I was really hoping g for an interview there but I know they only have “>5sests” to fill so I’m sure they will be picky with who they interview. 

1 minute ago, Lukeh205 said:

I’m pretty sure they do and I know I sent my scores there lol, but I have 3.5 overall 3.5 science, 3500 hours emergency room patient care assistant, 146 shadowing hours, and lots of volunteer and really good lettersof rec plus 6 years military ( not medical experience) so I was really hoping g for an interview there but I know they only have “>5sests” to fill so I’m sure they will be picky with who they interview. 

Stay hopeful! When did you apply? I applied REALLY early since I knew I was not too competitive.

1 minute ago, PrePA94 said:

Stay hopeful! When did you apply? I applied REALLY early since I knew I was not too competitive.

I submitted everything and was verified on 5/24/18 so maybe they are just going in order of apps they received and just haven’t gotten to mine yet 

1 hour ago, Lukeh205 said:

They don’t require the GRE. I didn’t submit GRE scores.

1 minute ago, PAschoollove said:

They don’t require the GRE. I didn’t submit GRE scores.

Oh ok maybe I didn’t send them then. There were only like 2 schools that I applied to that didn’t require the GRE. That makes me feel better about it then. Hopefully I hear something soon. 

5 minutes ago, amt5672 said:

Hello everyone! I was offered an interview on July 9th as well! My interview will be Friday October 12th. I look forward to meeting everyone who is interviewing that day! 

Is anyone else feeling very nervous since there are only 5 open spots? 

A little bit. I think it’s important to be as relaxed as possible! I wonder how many people they plan on interviewing each session. 

Archived