2018-2019 Application Cycle

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I called today and LeAnn Snow, the admissions coordinator, said they will start making decisions on Friday 8/17 and that would be the earliest possible date to receive anything from them. She said if not this Friday 8/17 then to expect to hear something from them by Monday 8/20. I know from reading last years forum, they sent out the first round of interview invites on 8/21 last year so this isnt too far off of the schedule they followed last year.

?

Good luck everyone!

7 hours ago, BDOR43 said:

No I didn’t but LeAnn Snow said that would the earliest possible day because they were getting together on Friday to make decisions. So I’m hoping that I’ll get a call on Monday, hopefully! Crossing my fingers!

Thanks for the info, I am crossing my fingers as well.  Hopefully we'll all get to meet in person during interviews.  Good luck to you all.

Hey guys! I am a second year MSU PA student about to graduate in December! I happened to stumble upon this thread and just wanted to let all the out of state applicants know not to count yourself out specifically because you’re not from the area. There are 32 students in my class and I would say AT LEAST 8 of us (myself included) were out of state applicants. So if you didn’t make the cut this year please don’t let that deter you from trying again next cycle!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi, I'm a first year PA student. This forum helped me tremendously last year. First, I want to congrats those who got selected for an interview, you are so close to getting in!

Here's some info on what to expect. Last year MSU held interviews in September and first week of October. They will start calling for final decisions the Monday right after the last interview group. During the interview days, you'll get to meet the faculty and some first year PA students.  Although I can't share what questions were asked during interview, be sure to prep on how you deal with different situations at work, esp. in healthcare. And, be yourself. Faculty here are nice and laid back, they really want to get to know you. Good luck to all! 

Archived