FGCU 2018-2019 Cycle

1 hour ago, KellyFuturePA2021 said:

I have >7k PCE hours but BCP gpa per Caspa is 2.97... is it worth applying?

Hi Kelly,

Unfortunately, being that close, even being at 2.99, that is an automatic rejection. The minimums are strict. Even if an applicant already graduated medical school, they would have to meet every minimum requirement. 

My generic advice is to continue taking BCP related courses to bring up the average. Remember that other schools may look at science GPAs differently (overall science GPA rather than BCP). 

But if your goal is to get in here, you have to raise the BCP gpa. Getting a Masters degree in a science is a competitive option too. There are Masters degrees out there that cater to the medical / PA school applicant that are focused in the harder pre-med basic sciences. 

The disclaimer that I always give: Ultimately remember that just meeting the minimums doesn’t guarantee an interview or acceptance. Each application cycle is different. Competition is fierce. 

I hope this helps...

• Upvote 1

Just got an email saying I got past the initial review and that I meet the minimum requirements. Now it will be under review to determine if I get an interview. 

"We plan to conduct interviews during the Spring Semester.  Interview offers will be made on a rolling basis. You will notified via email between January and April 2019 of your status in regards to an interview."

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
20 hours ago, scribetopa007 said:

recently received an interview for april 5th! super excited 🙂 does anyone have insight into the interview format? seems like a pretty long day compared to some of the other ones i’ve had. thanks in advance!!

That’s awesome! Congrats! Looks like we have a few schools in common! Do you mind sharing when you applied etc. thanks 😀

1 hour ago, katiecat said:

Has anyone who already interviewed heard anything yet? At my interview they told us we would hear something in March. Getting anxious..

I interviewed Feb 23, and I’m pretty positive I remember Prof. Hawkes saying early April is when final decisions will be made. The waiting game is tough!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...