Jump to content
carlzbarkley

Touro Nevada 2018/19 Applicants

Recommended Posts

17 hours ago, Skyells said:

We just got asked typical ones, nothing to crazy.  The interview lasted a hour. Once they asked us all one question  and then all is of us gave our answer, it took up a lot of time. I think our interview was maybe a little abnormal because I have heard of people being asked group questions that are more situational as well. 

Have you heard back yet about a possible acceptance?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Has anyone heard back following their interview about being accepted/denied? I know there’s been two already so I’m curious! Thanks ?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

LauraJean,

 

I'm very sorry to hear that. I'm sure there's a program out there for you, especially with your stats!

If you don't mind me asking, were you rejected before or after interview?

 

I've applied since mid June and haven't heard anything back yet...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I interviewed this week on 8/14 and haven't been contacted one way or the other yet. They told us they hadn't yet reviewed the candidates from the week before, and weren't sure if they were going to review them this week or next week. 

As for the interview, there were 6 people per group, but the individual interviewers were given freedom to conduct if however they wanted, so each group sounded different. They were also blind, meaning the interviewers had not seen our files. 

They made it fairly clear that they are looking for people that fit their program and community, not necessarily those with the best stats, if that helps understand your application decisions better! 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, alexandrah said:

I interviewed this week on 8/14 and haven't been contacted one way or the other yet. They told us they hadn't yet reviewed the candidates from the week before, and weren't sure if they were going to review them this week or next week. 

As for the interview, there were 6 people per group, but the individual interviewers were given freedom to conduct if however they wanted, so each group sounded different. They were also blind, meaning the interviewers had not seen our files. 

They made it fairly clear that they are looking for people that fit their program and community, not necessarily those with the best stats, if that helps understand your application decisions better! 

Thanks for this! I interview this upcoming Tuesday and am so excited! I also read through last years posts and it more or less sounded like they send out the acceptance letters toward the end of each month.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, alexandrah said:

I interviewed this week on 8/14 and haven't been contacted one way or the other yet. They told us they hadn't yet reviewed the candidates from the week before, and weren't sure if they were going to review them this week or next week. 

As for the interview, there were 6 people per group, but the individual interviewers were given freedom to conduct if however they wanted, so each group sounded different. They were also blind, meaning the interviewers had not seen our files. 

They made it fairly clear that they are looking for people that fit their program and community, not necessarily those with the best stats, if that helps understand your application decisions better! 

How many questions was your group asked? And was it mostly just the traditional questions? Seems like a pretty laid back interview

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/19/2018 at 10:10 AM, rarPA said:

How many questions was your group asked? And was it mostly just the traditional questions? Seems like a pretty laid back interview

We went around and did a quick intro (name, where you're from, fun fact), and then if I remember correctly we got asked 4 questions. It got a little confusing though because one interviewer started asking people individual questions, and then the other interviewer sort of opened it up to everyone else-- so some people ended up being asked an extra question. So it's hard to give a good idea because the interviewers could literally ask you anything haha.

But yes, it was consistently more laid back. I felt comfortable joking around a bit with the interviewers and other candidates. My best advice would be to try to relax, try not to sound to forced or rehearsed. Be yourself on good behavior haha. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

From those that interviewed today, 8/21, did they say when you would hear back, or even about the interview groups before you being notified yet?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Skyells said:

From those that interviewed today, 8/21, did they say when you would hear back, or even about the interview groups before you being notified yet?

Michael said we would hopefully know tonight or tomorrow if we got accepted but it could take up until October for final decisions and final weight list spots and what not for everyone who has  interviewed but is still waiting to hear back. It was honestly a little confusing...haven’t heard anything yet and we got done around 2:00 today.

They also told us that they had already accepted 13 applicants from the first two interviews.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Congratulations to everyone who has interviewed thus far, and all those waiting to hear back from admissions!! I'm scheduled to interview on 8/28! Super excited to meet everyone scheduled on that day! @MeganPA How much time do they give you to confirm your seat?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/22/2018 at 8:29 PM, nancyleo90 said:

Congratulations to everyone who has interviewed thus far, and all those waiting to hear back from admissions!! I'm scheduled to interview on 8/28! Super excited to meet everyone scheduled on that day! @MeganPA How much time do they give you to confirm your seat?

Michael said you have two weeks from when you receive your acceptance to put down the $1000.00 deposit but if for some reason you can’t pay it in time they’re usually willing to work with you!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Stupid question for those that have interviewed: Is there a place to keep a duffle bag or backpack throughout the day? I want to leave from the interview to the airport 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Raiders4sho said:

Stupid question for those that have interviewed: Is there a place to keep a duffle bag or backpack throughout the day? I want to leave from the interview to the airport 

We pretty much stayed in this big conference room all day so I would say yes? No one really did that in my group and honestly I had the largest purse there (everyone else only brought a portfolio folder) but I didn’t feel uncomfortable with what I had because I could just tuck what I had under the huge desk. You could probably even ask the front desk to hold the bag for you and I’m sure they would!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi everyone, do you guys think it is too late to apply today? According to the forum, 13 students were already accepted from the first 2 interviews... does anyone know if they are still sending interviews out?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest SoyLatte
44 minutes ago, prepa1212 said:

Hi everyone, do you guys think it is too late to apply today? According to the forum, 13 students were already accepted from the first 2 interviews... does anyone know if they are still sending interviews out?

Hey! They interview through October! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hey! They interview through October! 

Thank you!! Just applied, fingers crossed! Better to try than to keep wondering !


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For those that interviewed Aug 28, did Michael say anything about how many seats have been filled/if and when they’re going to send out more acceptances/denials/waitlist spots?

When I interviewed (last week) they filled 13 spots before our day but I still haven’t heard anything....I know it’s super early still but any info would be appreciated...SO if you guys hear anything please let us know ?

(future interview dates as well ?)

Edited by NicoleJo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As of Aug 28th he still said 13 spots had been filled from the first two interviews. He made it sound as if they make selections every 2 interview slots so every two weeks. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Welcome to the Physician Assistant Forum! This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. Learn More