Touro Nevada 2018/19 Applicants

11 minutes ago, CalliNicole said:

As of Aug 28th he still said 13 spots had been filled from the first two interviews. He made it sound as if they make selections every 2 interview slots so every two weeks. 

THANK YOU FOR RESPONDING, YOU ARE A SAINT! Haha I hope you’re interview went well, best of luck!

On 8/26/2018 at 11:51 PM, PAintraining12 said:

I have not heard back since the email that said 4-6 weeks which I got on July 6. Anyone else in the same boat? Should I follow up with them?

I am in the same boat. I emailed them and they said that my application has not been denied, they are holding it and want to wait and compare it to others before they make a decision. 

Guest SoyLatte
2 minutes ago, NicoleJo said:

I’m right there with ya ? I am hoping we will hear something tonight since it’s been 2 weeks but I’m not sure! I got an e mail from admissions but it was just an open house flyer ?

Omg! I got the same email and almost had a heart attack when I saw it was from admissions!! ? fingers crossed for us!! 

So I was at the interview yesterday and basically this is how I understand the process will work:

A select few individuals will likely be selected from each interview session within a couple weeks (sometimes days) of their interview session. 

A select few may be rejected shortly after their interview as well, though this is unlikely.

Of those individuals that are rejected or accepted following the interview, they will compile the remaining applicants and make acceptance, wait list, or rejection decisions in mid to late October. Hope that helps. 

1 minute ago, Raiders4sho said:

So I was at the interview yesterday and basically this is how I understand the process will work:

A select few individuals will likely be selected from each interview session within a couple weeks (sometimes days) of their interview session. 

A select few may be rejected shortly after their interview as well, though this is unlikely.

Of those individuals that are rejected or accepted following the interview, they will compile the remaining applicants and make acceptance, wait list, or rejection decisions in mid to late October. Hope that helps.  

Did they say how many had been accepted so far? I interviewed on the 28th of Aug. and was told 13 had been accepted from the first few interviews.

4 minutes ago, ahew21 said:

Did they say how many had been accepted so far? I interviewed on the 28th of Aug. and was told 13 had been accepted from the first few interviews.

It sounded like no one had been accepted from the last few rounds of interviews as of yet, though that was reading between the lines a bit on my part. Michael simply said "the last few interview sessions didn't go as well as the first few"

21 minutes ago, Raiders4sho said:

It sounded like no one had been accepted from the last few rounds of interviews as of yet, though that was reading between the lines a bit on my part. Michael simply said "the last few interview sessions didn't go as well as the first few"

Thanks for sharing what you heard! It’s unfortunate but hopefully we will all get some good news in the future!

On 9/5/2018 at 9:27 AM, Raiders4sho said:

I was there September 4th! Fingers crossed for the both of us.??

I pretty much had the same interpretation for the info from Michael regarding acceptance, waitlist or rejection. 

• Like 1

There's a group interview at 10 am that lasts about an hour. It's 6 candidates and 2 interviewers.

Then, at 1 pm they'll start with the exit interviews. They ask all 18 candidates to sit in a classroom together, and a faculty member will call you into their office one by one. They may ask you questions about your application, or why you want to be a PA (mostly typical interview questions). Mine was very chill. My interviewer and I both had similar majors in college so we chatted about that for 10 mins lol.

Don't be nervous! Everyone at the program is very nice and friendly. They don't try to grill you about your application, or qualifications or anything. They just want to get to know you ?

• Like 1

Has anyone that interviewed 9/12 heard back about acceptances yet? I know they said that we would hear back in 3 weeks if we were immediately accepted, but I don't know if there's any possibility of hearing back today (it's been 2.5 weeks). It may not be until next Wednesday or Friday, but I would just like to know!!