Touro Nevada 2018/19 Applicants

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, taylorj said:

Just want to clarify something! We have to be invited to fill out the supplemental application, correct?

Yes, you have to be invited! Just as a reference, I submitted my CASPA application on Tuesday (7/10) and received and invite to fill out the supplemental the same night. It was a very fast turn around for me, but I have no idea what others experiences were! Good luck ? 

On 7/17/2018 at 7:45 PM, FW2018 said:

Received an interview invite today! Has anyone looked at the agenda? Looks like the format will be group interview.

From what I read it's a group interview early morning lasting around 1 hour and then we have "exit interviews" with a single faculty member lasting  5-10 min!

16 hours ago, Skyells said:

Yes that is how it was. It is a group interview with 6 people in it with two other professors and alumni PA's. That interview last an hour and then your exit interview really does only last about 5 minutes. 

Does each person get a chance to respond? Six people seems like a pretty large group. Just wondering how you felt during the whole process. Good luck to you! 

Yes, at least in the group that I was in you all take turns responding to the questions being asked. Our group only got asked 3 questions so it made me a little worried. I just hope it was enough on my side to show them what I had to offer. I felt like it was pretty laid back and not too intimidating. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Raiders4sho said:

So I just want to clarify, because I was given a supplemental application (7/23) does that mean that I am guaranteed an interview? Still have yet to receive an interview invitation after submitting the supplemental app on 7/25

I do not believe it "guarantees" an interview. On their website, the supplemental application is under the required materials needed to be submitted to complete your application. Under this it says "Upon receipt of all admissions documents, the PA Admissions Committee will review and determine which candidates will be invited for a personal campus interview"

On 8/9/2018 at 10:04 AM, Skyells said:

Yes, at least in the group that I was in you all take turns responding to the questions being asked. Our group only got asked 3 questions so it made me a little worried. I just hope it was enough on my side to show them what I had to offer. I felt like it was pretty laid back and not too intimidating. 

Do you remember what kind of questions you were asked? Like if they were situational or just the typical ones? And how long did your interview last if your group was only asked 3 questions?

On 8/11/2018 at 12:42 PM, rarPA said:

Do you remember what kind of questions you were asked? Like if they were situational or just the typical ones? And how long did your interview last if your group was only asked 3 questions?

We just got asked typical ones, nothing to crazy.  The interview lasted a hour. Once they asked us all one question  and then all is of us gave our answer, it took up a lot of time. I think our interview was maybe a little abnormal because I have heard of people being asked group questions that are more situational as well. 

• Upvote 1