Class of 2014-Stanford PCAP

Congrats to everyone accepted :) Does anyone have any recommendations on housing for the first 6 months of school? Or does anyone have suggestions or opinions on what a 45-50min commute would be like? Is commuting doable? Any information would be appreciated.

Thanks!!! Looking foward to meeting everyone at orientation:smile:

Congrats to everyone accepted :) Does anyone have any recommendations on housing for the first 6 months of school? Or does anyone have suggestions or opinions on what a 45-50min commute would be like? Is commuting doable? Any information would be appreciated.

Thanks!!! Looking foward to meeting everyone at orientation:smile:

Stanford hotel was where many if my classmates stayed. It was relatively cheap about 300 a month iirc of course this was almost 2 years ago. I commuted from daly city, a suburb just outside the city (SF). Took 26 minutes with no traffic. Where will you be coming from?

Sent from my HTC MT4GS using Tapatalk

Stanford hotel was where many if my classmates stayed. It was relatively cheap about 300 a month iirc of course this was almost 2 years ago. I commuted from daly city, a suburb just outside the city (SF). Took 26 minutes with no traffic. Where will you be coming from?

Sent from my HTC MT4GS using Tapatalk

Thanks Joelseff! I will be coming from the East Bay, San Ramon. I am not sure if I should rent a studio, stay at a hotel when needed or just commute?

Im from west contra costa county but lived with inlaws in Daly City to b closer during school. I dunno how the commute would be from San Ramon. U can always try driving it one morning. Class starts @8 so try a trial commute. Btw the rooms at stanford inn are right by campus and have kitchens....its a little ghetto though lol its across the street from the Tesla dealer....dunno y i mentioned that haha

Sent from my VEGAn-TAB using Tapatalk

Thanks Joelseff! I will be coming from the East Bay, San Ramon. I am not sure if I should rent a studio, stay at a hotel when needed or just commute?

Im from west contra costa county but lived with inlaws in Daly City to b closer during school. I dunno how the commute would be from San Ramon. U can always try driving it one morning. Class starts @8 so try a trial commute. Btw the rooms at stanford inn are right by campus and have kitchens....its a little ghetto though lol its across the street from the Tesla dealer....dunno y i mentioned that haha

Sent from my VEGAn-TAB using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

Hello again everyone! I dont know about you guys but I'm getting really really excited now that our orientation is just around the corner.. Btw, has anyone received any info about our orientation yet? Lio said the packet was (or supposed to be) mailed this week.. Well, at least the wait is not as brutal.. :)

Talked to Fred yesterday, info should be in the mail soon, it sounds like orientation is all day on Mon and Tues and Half day on Wed with a scheduled lunch. We should also be recieving a email so we can start communicating with our classmates (facebook, etc.). See you next week :)

Talked to Fred yesterday, info should be in the mail soon, it sounds like orientation is all day on Mon and Tues and Half day on Wed with a scheduled lunch. We should also be recieving a email so we can start communicating with our classmates (facebook, etc.). See you next week :)

Guess I'll have to get a facebook account. I must be one of the last holdouts in the world..... don't have a facebook account yet.

My name is Colleen Allen and I can't wait to meet you guys at orientation. I live in aromas which is right between gilroy and salinas. I am going to commute on Caltrain. It takes about 1 hour 25 minutes, but buys me study time. I received the email for the orientation sign up today. Can't wait. Plan to drive to orientation days so let me know is anyone wants to commute with me for that drive (760)792-4834

Archived