2018 - 19 Application Process

On 11/1/2018 at 4:21 PM, amurphy13 said:

Hey guys, my name is Annie and I'm the president of the class of 2020. Like Emily, I'm also available to answer any questions that you may have. Congrats to those who have gotten in and good luck to all! 

Hi Annie,

The Marist website says clinical rotations occur in a 50-60 mile radius of the school. I was wondering if you could give me specific hospitals/facilities that Marist is affiliated with.

Thanks!

17 hours ago, CatMunson said:

Hi Annie,

The Marist website says clinical rotations occur in a 50-60 mile radius of the school. I was wondering if you could give me specific hospitals/facilities that Marist is affiliated with.

Thanks!

Sure no problem. The hospitals that I know of where we do rotations are Mid Hudson Regional Hospital, Vassar Brothers Medical Center and Kingston Hospital. We also do rotations in a variety of private practice offices, most of which are affiliated with HealthQuest. I do know that in some special circumstances, students have been able to set up rotations at facilities not directly affiliated with Marist. Hope this helps! Any other questions please let me know! 

• Like 1

On 11/17/2018 at 3:24 PM, aba51 said:

@amurphy13 do we need a specific stethoscope for class? I figured with the holiday sales coming up, I should probably get one at a good price 🙂

I believe the program has Littmann Cardiology IV as required but I think a couple people in our class who had Cardiology IIIs already were able to use theirs without any issues. 

On 11/19/2018 at 9:19 PM, lomb17 said:

Does anyone know if Marist is still interviewing applicants? I'm wondering if it is worth it to apply this late in the cycle

Yes! I received an interview invite on 11/12 for 12/7. And I was offered a spot to interview on 1/18 as well, which means they are still interviewing into January. You could always call them and ask how many spots they have open.

Edited by cnm1234

On 11/17/2018 at 3:24 PM, aba51 said:

@amurphy13 do we need a specific stethoscope for class? I figured with the holiday sales coming up, I should probably get one at a good price 🙂

Hey! Like Maddie said, the official stethoscope of the program is the Littman Cardiology IV, however I myself have the III from my previous job and the program have no problem with it, and the program didn't mind me using it at all. The program will send out a list of required equipment prior to your start (like in March or April) and you'll have the opportunity to order straight from the source. Hope you found some good sales though! 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, amurphy13 said:

Hey! Like Maddie said, the official stethoscope of the program is the Littman Cardiology IV, however I myself have the III from my previous job and the program have no problem with it, and the program didn't mind me using it at all. The program will send out a list of required equipment prior to your start (like in March or April) and you'll have the opportunity to order straight from the source. Hope you found some good sales though! 

Are there any student discounts on equipment that Marist offers or representatives that come to campus?

15 hours ago, aba51 said:

Are there any student discounts on equipment that Marist offers or representatives that come to campus?

Yes, I do believe that the equipment package that Marist offers is discounted from the vendor. Most of us got all of our equipment straight from there. I already had my stethoscope and blood pressure cuff but I got everything else through Marist. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hello! Good luck to everyone interviewing! Congratulations to everyone that got in! I was accepted after the October interview and was wondering if anyone has received anything from the school since they put down their deposit? I am trying to figure out my financial aid and haven't received anything. Thanks!

8 hours ago, Mojam said:

Hello! Good luck to everyone interviewing! Congratulations to everyone that got in! I was accepted after the October interview and was wondering if anyone has received anything from the school since they put down their deposit? I am trying to figure out my financial aid and haven't received anything. Thanks!

Congrats on your acceptance! Since I put down my deposit, I just received emails about  summer housing and background check. That's all I've received since accepting my seat last month. I think financial aid stuff might come in the next few weeks or so.

10 hours ago, Cerulean said:

Hi! Does anyone know how many applicants they interview and if the December one is the last one or do they have a couple more interviews for this cycle? Thanks 🙂 

I believe they interview 120-150 people for a cohort size of 60 from what I remember during my interview. Their deadline is until mid-January so there's probably more interviews into the new year. Good luck!

• Upvote 1

On 11/21/2018 at 7:52 PM, cnm1234 said:

Yes! I received an interview invite on 11/12 for 12/7. And I was offered a spot to interview on 1/18 as well, which means they are still interviewing into January. You could always call them and ask how many spots they have open.

Hi there! I was wondering if you’ve heard anything from your interview on 12/7?

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/10/2019 at 1:21 PM, Tens1 said:

Is there a Facebook group for accepted students?! How can we set that up

Hey there! I actually started our group for the class of 2020...it's our primary way of keeping in contact with each other/sharing resources. I highly recommend starting a Facebook group so you class of 2021 students can start getting to know each other! I'd be happy to help you with any questions you may have about getting it going 🙂 

2 hours ago, jessicap said:

Hey everyone! My name is Jessica and I’ve been accepted to Marist’s PA Program. I’m so excited to meet all of you. I set up a Facebook page for our class called “Marist College PA Program Class of 2021” please let me know if you have trouble finding it!

Thank you for making this! I just requested to join

8 hours ago, jessicap said:

Hey everyone! My name is Jessica and I’ve been accepted to Marist’s PA Program. I’m so excited to meet all of you. I set up a Facebook page for our class called “Marist College PA Program Class of 2021” please let me know if you have trouble finding it!

Hi Jessica! My name is Tara and I was also accepted into the program! Thanks for making the Facebook group. I'm having trouble finding it and was wondering if you could send a link or something to help me out?? Thanks!