2018 - 19 Application Process

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi guys! Wondering if anyone was called today after interviewing on the 13th. 

I interviewed then, so I just wanted to see! I haven't heard back. I read the previous year forums and it seems like most people get a call the following monday so just curious. 

Thanks, 

Cassandra

23 hours ago, cgold13 said:

Hi guys! Wondering if anyone was called today after interviewing on the 13th. 

I interviewed then, so I just wanted to see! I haven't heard back. I read the previous year forums and it seems like most people get a call the following monday so just curious. 

Thanks, 

Cassandra

Hey Cassandra,

I got a call today. Wishing everyone the best!

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/27/2018 at 8:16 PM, Kristina-M said:

Hey guys! 

I'm a second year PA student at Marist in the middle of my rotations. Feel free to ask me any questions about  the program, didactic year, rotations or even just for general advice! I'll be happy to answer your questions. Good luck to all of you! 

I was wondering if you could give me interview advice?  I interview on the 17th and I am nervous because this is my first interview and I really enjoy this program

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/31/2018 at 6:46 PM, Jpalms said:

How was the interview? Min is Aug 17 and I am really nervous.

Hey Jpalm sorry for the delay! The interview was a great experience, the faculty are all very friendly and there was a recent graduate to answer all of our questions. I prepared by finding a ton of online PA school-specific interview questions and drilled them over and over, and I identified the ones I thought were the most important and practiced writing my answers to those. I also had someone practice interviewing me. Do your best to relax on the day of the interview, and use your personal experiences as that is what sets you apart. You are there for a reason, something grabbed their interest!

• Upvote 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Science gpa-3.50

overall-3.70

HCE-750 hours, 600 patient care tech and 100 and currently growing of EMT experience

gre: verbal-159 quant-156

not sure what else there is, I don’t have the strongest stats and I know that but I think one of my strengths is I came from a very disadvantaged background and have overcome great adversity. I wasn’t sure I would get in anywhere and so far I’ve been offered interviews at every place I’ve applied but one so don’t take the stats as everything! There are people I know with 4.00 gpa and great test scores that don’t get in.