2018-2019 application cycle!

• 2 weeks later...

I interviewed in November but haven't heard any news back yet. Unfortunately my apartment lease is almost up and I will have to put in a more pricy short term lease just in case I do get accepted. Does anyone know the orientation date? I need to know ASAP so I can do my apt renewal, thank you so much in advance!!

You should probably call tomorrow and ask if there is a certain date where they will notify everyone about their application status.  I interviewed back in October and have not heard back either.  Someone who interviewed with me got an email like 3 days ago saying that they were waitlisted.  Im not sure in what order they are reviewing application but when I was invited for the interview I did not get a email. They called me 2-3 days before the interview and asked if i wanted it.  I've interviewed at 6 schools this year and this is the only school I haven't heard back from. I was waitlisted to all other schools and they notified me within 1 week to 1 month after my interview. 

15 minutes ago, EyeSeeYou said:

For those who have yet to hear back, if you check your UTRGV graduate application self-service center, does your application summary read Under requirements “Criminal background check not received”?

I think that is only complete for accepted students.  I interviewed at 6 schools this cycle and they all require criminal backgrounds if you are accepted. I'm sure if that was something required they would have sent an email saying the application is incomplete.  I called last Friday and they said that they make decisions up until the semester starts.

55 minutes ago, Jorge93 said:

I think that is only complete for accepted students.  I interviewed at 6 schools this cycle and they all require criminal backgrounds if you are accepted. I'm sure if that was something required they would have sent an email saying the application is incomplete.  I called last Friday and they said that they make decisions up until the semester starts.

Out of curiosity, what number did you call/around what time, if you don’t mind me asking?

Its been impossible for me to get a hold of them.

8 hours ago, ecast0111 said:

Has anyone received an invitation for the Enrichment program.  I received one last Friday and I have so many questions.  

Hi!! I am currently part of the enrichment program!! Add me on FB if you would like and I can answer questions you may have! 

Not sure how to share my profile hope this works: https://www.facebook.com/arelycavazos

Still haven’t heard anything. I emailed and got a vague response. I think they already offered all of their admissions, so I’m just wondering if they’re ever gonna tell me anything at all or just leave me hanging. Just trying to plan appropriately. Anybody received a waitlist recently or anything?

31 minutes ago, baylor2018 said:

Still haven’t heard anything. I emailed and got a vague response. I think they already offered all of their admissions, so I’m just wondering if they’re ever gonna tell me anything at all or just leave me hanging. Just trying to plan appropriately. Anybody received a waitlist recently or anything?

The cycle opens again in about 2 weeks.  Im just gonna re apply. Stay positive. Consistency will get us in. I know it's tough,  but don't give up. It will be my 3rd time applying.  I didn't get any interviews my first time applying and this cycle I got 6.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Academy for success is August 5th-16th. The white coat ceremony is on the 16th. First day of class is the 26th if I’m not mistaken. Also there is an online portion to the academy for success which you do during the summer and which has already started. Also I recommend you find the Facebook group for the incoming class, the 2nd year students on there are super helpful. Hope this helps!