2018-2019 application cycle!

Sorry, another silly question for anyone that have look into the program tuition/cost. I was comparing programs costs and for some reason several websites showed that UTRGV cost around $68,000 comparing to other programs which cost around $29,000-35,000. Any idea why UTRGV is so expensive? It’s not a private institution 

16 hours ago, MPA21 said:

Sorry, another silly question for anyone that have look into the program tuition/cost. I was comparing programs costs and for some reason several websites showed that UTRGV cost around $68,000 comparing to other programs which cost around $29,000-35,000. Any idea why UTRGV is so expensive? It’s not a private institution 

This breaks down actual costs: https://www.utrgv.edu/pa/_files/documents/pa-costofattending 2017-2018.pdf

The $68,000 might be the total cost of attending which includes room and board and all additional costs. Most schools just show the tuition cost which is much less. If you look at only tuition on that chart, it costs around $20,000 for a resident. Hope that helps!

On 10/5/2018 at 10:26 PM, Annabell13 said:

Hey Everyone!

Does anyone know how interviews will be conducted? I am still waiting for one! But does anyone know the format of the interview, group interview, face-to-face interview, or multiple mini interview style?

Thanks much appreciated.

When did you apply? I submitted everything like around 8/20-27. I wonder if they are going in order according to the submission date because mostly everyone on here saying they have interviews submitted around may june.  Good luck!! ?

6 hours ago, zhx943 said:

When did you apply? I submitted everything like around 8/20-27. I wonder if they are going in order according to the submission date because mostly everyone on here saying they have interviews submitted around may june.  Good luck!! ?

I applied the first week of August and got offered an interview a couple weeks ago!

On ‎10‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 10:51 PM, zhx943 said:

I submitted everything August 28 and I received my email for the interview on Sep. 21

Hey guys,

I'm a current first year in the program. Congrats to those who've interviewed and been accepted. It's a rigorous, but great program taught by instructors with diverse backgrounds and years of experience. Everyone's approachable and truly wants to see you succeed. Let me know if y'all have any questions and I'll try to answer to the best of my abilities.

**I can't answer any questions about the interview process or style since they don't tell us and they seem to change the style every year**

• Like 5

6 hours ago, MeredithNC said:

Could anyone suggest a reasonable priced hotel that is somewhere near the school? Will be driving in Thursday from south Louisiana for an interview Friday afternoon! Any help would be appreciated ☺️

I also have an interview this Friday! I’m flying in on Thursday from Virginia and I’m staying at the Best Western. I think I paid like 80 bucks for the night? Not too bad. 

2 minutes ago, rachelasteed said:

I was offered an interview this morning, but will be declining since I’ve already been accepted to another program. Good luck to everyone!

2 minutes ago, rachelasteed said:

I was offered an interview this morning, but will be declining since I’ve already been accepted to another program. Good luck to everyone!

Congratulations and thank you for doing and updating us.