2018-2019 application cycle!

Submitted 6/5, verified 6/8. Also waiting to hear a confirmation email or something. Have either of y'all called their program to make sure your app is complete? I've never applied to this program, so I know know when/if they send a confirmation email of some sort. 

Edited by williams22

1 hour ago, williams22 said:

Submitted 6/5, verified 6/8. Also waiting to hear a confirmation email or something. Have either of y'all called their program to make sure your app is complete? I've never applied to this program, so I know know when/if they send a confirmation email of some sort. 

I was told after emailing the graduate college that if your CASPA application is verified and your GRE scores have been sent, then you don't have anything to worry about. They are working on updating applications. Also, I checked the self service center today for my graduate application, and it finally says that my CASPA app and GRE scores have been received and my application is "under review by program."

Edited by mikecosltey

Hi @Mantonio85, UTRGV also has a separate application through their website. Here is the link! It is completely separate from CASPA. I was verified on 6/8 and just learned of this separate supplemental ? because I did not get any sort of correspondence from the program about them even receiving my CASPA. My fault for not checking their website thoroughly, but still very frustrating. Hoping this won't affect me too much! 

There are no additional essays on the supplemental (this is normal for most of the schools in Texas). It's mainly a residency questionnaire and $50 fee. 

Edited by williams22
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, williams22 said:

Hi @Mantonio85, UTRGV also has a separate application through their website. Here is the link! It is completely separate from CASPA. I was verified on 6/8 and just learned of this separate supplemental ? because I did not get any sort of correspondence from the program about them even receiving my CASPA. My fault for not checking their website thoroughly, but still very frustrating. Hoping this won't affect me too much! 

There are no additional essays on the supplemental (this is normal for most of the schools in Texas). It's mainly a residency questionnaire and $50 fee. 

Omg wow you just saved me! I didn't know of this separate supplemental! Thank you so much!

Hey guys, 

I rechecked the website too to make sure everything that was needed was sent and on the self-appraisal checklist, it says "Original transcripts sent to UTRGV Graduate Office by Sept. 1st" which is separate from "original transcripts sent to CASPA by Sept.1st" 

Just letting yall know. 

Hey there @abc2018, I double checked the admission criteria section of their website and also found this:

"You must submit your required documents including transcripts to CASPA. The Graduate College staff will retrieve your documents from CASPA including: transcripts, personal statement, letters of recommendation, resume, and completion of prerequisite coursework.

NOTE: Students who are admitted to the PA program will be required to have official transcripts sent to UTRGV after notification of admission which usually occurs in Mid-Spring."

Although you are right, it's only after one is accepted that original transcripts must be submitted.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Mantonio85 said:

Hey there @abc2018, I double checked the admission criteria section of their website and also found this:

"You must submit your required documents including transcripts to CASPA. The Graduate College staff will retrieve your documents from CASPA including: transcripts, personal statement, letters of recommendation, resume, and completion of prerequisite coursework.

NOTE: Students who are admitted to the PA program will be required to have official transcripts sent to UTRGV after notification of admission which usually occurs in Mid-Spring."

Although you are right, it's only after one is accepted that original transcripts must be submitted.

Yeah, I only sent transcripts to CASPA and my application has been under review for a couple of weeks now! 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 8/15/2018 at 2:34 PM, ac03 said:

Hello to everyone!! 

I submitted CASPA 8/10/2018.

I received an email from the program stating that the first review of the file had been completed on 8/13/18.

Oh no! You just made me very nervous because I didn't receive an such email and I submitted mine in July.  

• 2 weeks later...

Hey y'all!

Hope everyone's hanging in there. Just thought I'd post something for the sake of posting. 

CASPA submitted: 7/3

Verified: 7/13

Supplemental Submitted: 7/15

UTRGV confirmation email (the one that says your file will be processed further for interview consideration): 7/24

Hope we hear something soon!