2018 - 19 Application Cycle

1 hour ago, Hopewhitaker said:

Me too, sad but hopeful! Good luck everyone! Does anyone know how many people they put on the waitlist?

I also received the waitlist email! Trying to stay positive. I called at around 3:00 today right after getting the waitlist email and Meghan said they have sent out all 60 initial offers. Also wondering what percentage of/how many applicants are put on waitlist?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, eeb67 said:

I also received the waitlist email! Trying to stay positive. I called at around 3:00 today right after getting the waitlist email and Meghan said they have sent out all 60 initial offers. Also wondering what percentage of/how many applicants are put on waitlist?

When looking through last year’s posts on here it looks like 3 people got pulled from the waitlist. So I guess there is still a small amount of hope.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, LaiLai2017 said:

Hi friends! Congrats to everyone who got accepted thus far. I got a call and email yesterday saying I got accepted, but I got accepted into UAB two weeks ago and already sent in my money.... so I’m giving up my seat today. Stay hopeful for anyone who got waitlisted- your time is coming! GOOD LUCK!!

Congratulations, that’s amazing!! Thanks a million for the update!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hey everyone don't be discouraged if you were placed on the waitlist several people from class of 2020! Were on the waitlist. People get accepted to other schools etc so they give up their seat, some people don't pay their deposits in time, some people don't complete course they were supposed to. So don't give up hope. I was pulled off the waitlist and one girl was pulled off the waitlist 2 days before the program started. You have a chance from now to the 1st day of the program to be called. 

• Like 2

On 1/12/2019 at 12:45 PM, Dharri20 said:

Hey everyone don't be discouraged if you were placed on the waitlist several people from class of 2020! Were on the waitlist. People get accepted to other schools etc so they give up their seat, some people don't pay their deposits in time, some people don't complete course they were supposed to. So don't give up hope. I was pulled off the waitlist and one girl was pulled off the waitlist 2 days before the program started. You have a chance from now to the 1st day of the program to be called. 

Thank you for the encouragement! 

Hey guys,

I got several messages about the links in your orientation emails not working. Can somebody confirm if this is working now? If not, I can follow up with whoever is in charge of working on this.

Little update:

Sorry for not replying so promptly to all of your emails. I know I've gotten several from you all. Our First Year Liaisons are currently setting up a social media account so that you all can meet and get to know each other for the coming Summer Semester (only a little over 5 months from now!) That's exciting! A few tips:

1. If you are planning on living on the peninsula/downtown, just plan on getting roommate so that you can get a lower rate with your monthly housing/apartment rents.

2. If you are living a little outside the peninsula (West Ashley, Mount Pleasant, James Island, North Charleston) try to stay in a least less than a 5-10 mile range. The traffic coming in can get pretty crazy.

3. We have free public bus services that can take you to and from campus if you want to save money on gas. Only caveat is that you have to work on their schedule.

4. Hagood Garage parking is free, big, but not a guaranteed spot. 

5. You can also pay for guaranteed garage every semester.

6. For the type A people (probably mostly all of you. haha!), if you must, you can start brushing up on Anatomy and Physiology because that will be the bulk of your summer semester.

7. I HIGHLY recommend for all of you just relax and enjoy your time. Go hiking, spend time with family, drink some beers, etc. I worked until two days before summer semester started and if I had a choice, I would probably stop working a month before school started.

8. Just like what Daresha said, there are people from my class who got called in literally one week before school started. So for those who are waitlisted, please don't lose hope!

If you guys have any further questions, feel free to email me (santiago@musc.edu) and congrats Class of 2021!!!

Gerardo

On January 12, 2019 at 12:45 PM, Dharri20 said:

Thank you so much for the positive words and encouragement! Happy for you that you ended up getting pulled off of the waitlist and good luck!!

• 2 months later...

Hey everyone! I was pulled from the waitlist just a couple of days ago. I wanted to reach out to find out if there is a facebook page/website with the accepted students and possible living arrangements. I'm not sure if anyone checks this page anymore, but I thought i'd go ahead and ask anyways!