New York Institute of Tech: 2018-2019 Cycle

Also received a rejection email yesterday; no interview. ? I must say though that I've had my fair share of rejection letters, and this one from NYIT is the most graciously-worded and beautifully written one. It's simultaneously a let-down and encouraging. It's a huge positive reflection of this program and those of you accepted thus far are an extremely lucky bunch.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, SoCaliPrePA said:

I also got a rejection email yesterday-rejection before interview.

5 hours ago, dgeddam said:

Before interview

1 hour ago, Lollie796 said:

Also received a rejection email yesterday; no interview. ? I must say though that I've had my fair share of rejection letters, and this one from NYIT is the most graciously-worded and beautifully written one. It's simultaneously a let-down and encouraging. It's a huge positive reflection of this program and those of you accepted thus far are an extremely lucky bunch.

When did you guys apply to the program? 

And yes, my correspondence with the NYIT admissions have been nothing short of pleasant.  Very nice people that truly take their time in helping you with your questions and genuinely care about your future. 

• Like 1

On 10/17/2018 at 4:02 PM, PANCSDown said:

And yes, my correspondence with the NYIT admissions have been nothing short of pleasant.  Very nice people that truly take their time in helping you with your questions and genuinely care about your future. 

My application was received by NYIT on 9/13.

1 hour ago, jmpa6 said:

Would you mind sharing your stats?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi!

Major: Biology; Minor: Chemistry

GPA: 3.86

science GPA: 3.8

2000 hours of volunteer EMT, 1000 hours of home health aide, Bio lab assistant

Applied end of June, verified 7/7 and invitation to interview 9/17. 

Interview was laid back, 2 one on one interviews, no curve balls, just be yourself! 

Good luck to everyone!

On 10/17/2018 at 4:02 PM, PANCSDown said:

CASPA Verified Aug 3

NYIT Verification email Aug 8

I, too, appreciated the wording and encouragement in their rejection email. I'm guessing the fact that we applied later in the cycle definitely contributed to the rejection, since NYIT is apparently not on rolling admission, but starts sending out invites and acceptances to earlier applicants first.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, SoCaliPrePA said:

CASPA Verified Aug 3

NYIT Verification email Aug 8

I, too, appreciated the wording and encouragement in their rejection email. I'm guessing the fact that we applied later in the cycle definitely contributed to the rejection, since NYIT is apparently not on rolling admission, but starts sending out invites and acceptances to earlier applicants first.

Yeah, I think you're right about applying later in the cycle. I anticipated the rejection letter when I noticed on the thread that they were already giving out acceptances before the official deadline. Definitely a huge advantage applying early, even if the school claims to be no rolling admission. Even so, good luck this cycle!

45 minutes ago, slamm27 said:

I applied and was verified end of June/early July. Still haven’t heard anything except that they received my app so I’m wondering if I should give them a call... anyone else still waiting to hear back?

Same here. I applied and verified end of July and I’m getting nervous. ?