MCPHS-Boston: 2018-2019 Cycle

5 hours ago, ellas5 said:

So I got the email “Unfortunately, the committee has not approved your candidacy for admission, and your application has been closed” is thisnwhat everyone’s denial email said? “Not approved” makes it sound like I was missing something. Other people who got denied - was this the same email? 

Same email I just received ?

21 hours ago, mkmurphy93 said:

@ellas5 I got the same wording in my rejection email. They then offered me "priority consideration" for some of their other programs since I was a "strong candidate". Silver lining I guess. 

Yes same here. And quite honestly, that looks really bad on their end. I wonder if any PA applicants ever take them up on this offer?? One of the biggest parts of our application process is based on how we answer the questions "Why do you want to become a PA?", and then upon rejection, they offer us "priority consideration" to other health-related programs?? It is extremely counterintuitive, almost like it's a test to see if we are truly pursuing a PA career, or just pursuing medical-related careers. I was honestly kind of offended. They tried to sharpen the blow of a rejection email by offering us admission into their other programs. Thanks but no thanks!

• Like 1

21 hours ago, ellas5 said:

Yes same here. And quite honestly, that looks really bad on their end. I wonder if any PA applicants ever take them up on this offer?? One of the biggest parts of our application process is based on how we answer the questions "Why do you want to become a PA?", and then upon rejection, they offer us "priority consideration" to other health-related programs?? It is extremely counterintuitive, almost like it's a test to see if we are truly pursuing a PA career, or just pursuing medical-related careers. I was honestly kind of offended. They tried to sharpen the blow of a rejection email by offering us admission into their other programs. Thanks but no thanks!

You sure they didn't just mean special consideration for their Worcester and Manchester PA programs? 

On 11/1/2018 at 3:50 PM, ellas5 said:

I got the same email in October and i called and got information. Its a PA program just like Boston, just without the breaks. Boston's normal PA program i believe they get breaks (summers off,etc.) and this "accelerated" program at the other campuses is just what a normal PA program is like, no breaks and you get your Masters in PA. The only down fall i saw was that it started later (January 2019). I personally switched my application just to see what happens! We all want to be PA's and there are various structures of programs out there. Have hope ?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 10/10/2018 at 8:55 PM, jer15002 said:

Interview day was very laid back! We started with a program introduction, then had lunch with current students, then broke up into groups. Groups took turns doing a campus tour, group interview, writing sample, and individual interviews. Overall, it was a great experience! Just relax and be yourself! I loved the program and I am certainly crossing my fingers for some good news! 

What did the group interview entail? And how many individual interviews were there? And were they one-on-one?