MCPHS-Boston: 2018-2019 Cycle

MCPHS (Boston): Rejected without interview Oct/31

My Stats

• Fluent in three languages: Finnish, Serbian, and English. Proficiency in Spanish. Learning ASL
  • Undergraduate non-science: 3.82
  • Undergraduate GPA: 3.6
  • Undergraduate science: 3.4
  • Patient Care Hours: 1572 ED Scribe
  • GRE: 321 total (164 verbal and 157 math) –Accepted on 8/08/17
  • Killer personal statement in my opinion
  • Letters of Recommendation: ER PA, ER NP, current boss, and College advisor
  • Major in college: Biochem, graduated in May 2016 from Georgia Tech
  • Current Job: Oct/2016-Present, research chemist at CDC
  • Two Prerequisites completed in Fall 2018: A&P II with lab and just Microbio Lab
  • Verified CASPA: 09/20/18 because professional transcript entry took 10 days after receiving my grades.

Interviewed 10/04 and received notice that I was waitlisted on 12/10. Super bummed as I really wanted to attend this program. But for those who have been accepted, big congratulations :)!

Anyone think I still have a shot? Has anyone been waitlisted before and been rejected or accepted? First time for me.

Fyi- mcphs does not give out ranking statistics.

3 hours ago, PA1day9176 said:

Interviewed 10/04 and received notice that I was waitlisted on 12/10. Super bummed as I really wanted to attend this program. But for those who have been accepted, big congratulations :)!

Anyone think I still have a shot? Has anyone been waitlisted before and been rejected or accepted? First time for me.

Fyi- mcphs does not give out ranking statistics.

Do not lose hope whatever you do! I was accepted off the waitlist back in March when I interviewed last novermber. Most of the people I know in the program and my friends were actually accepted off the waitlist. So all in all If you’re waitlisted you have a very good shot of being accepted!

On 11/30/2018 at 7:18 AM, ARMANDO411468 said:

Hi all! I applied in June, and have only heard that MCPHS has received my application. Has anyone reached out for a status check? Is this not recommended as it makes an applicant look impatient? Just really interested in the program!

Hey! I applied in June and have not heard anything as well. I called about a month ago and was told my application was still under review. Hopefully we hear something soon

• Upvote 1

Hi! Interviewed on 11/8 and rejected on 12/11. Actually found out about not being accepted via phone call. The assistant director from MCPHS Manchester called to let me know that I was not offered a seat to the Boston campus and offered an interview at the Manchester campus. Has this happened to anyone? Later, I called MCPHS Boston and found out that my application was not "rejected" at the time, but that all the seats for the Fall 2019 start have been filled. A few hours after that, I received an email from MCPHS Boston that said, "Unfortunately, the committee has not approved your candidacy for admission for a Fall 2019 start at our Boston campus." Was that an automatic rejection and does that mean that there was no chance for me to be waitlisted? A couple of hours after I received the email, I switched my application to the Manchester location on CASPA (requested by the assistant director in order for them to invite me for an interview). Good luck everyone and congrats on those accepted!

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...