MCPHS-Boston: 2018-2019 Cycle

I applied to their accelerated program in 2017. It took them about 1 month to send me their decision to reject my application after verifying it. Not a big deal, because I got into another program (my top choice anyway). I hope it goes well for y'all in Boston. Good luck. 

On 6/9/2018 at 3:57 PM, Cadapter said:

Anyone get any confirmation emails or anything yet? I was verified about 2 weeks ago, haven’t heard anything yet from the program. 

When I applied last year I never received a confirmation email after being verified. I was verified at the end of July l and it wasn’t until October that I got an email for an interview! 

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/4/2018 at 2:49 PM, Vrunda said:

I sent in my completed CASPA on July 2, waiting for it to be reviewed now.

@Lolo13 If you don't mind me asking you, how was your application like last year you applied? I am soo nervous of if I would even be given a spot for interview.

Last year I had:

1500 Hours as a nursing assistant in long term care for 2 years, 60 hours volunteer work as a tax preparer, 15 hours shadowing between 2 PAs in family practice, had multiple leadership positions within my university and job as lead trainer, was a tutor for my university, and graduated Phi Beta Kappa! I also had a cGPA of 3.70 and an sGPA of 3.63. 

For my letters of rec I got them from two nurses I work with, a professor and someone who was on the board of the PBK chapter at my school. 

As you can see my hours were not nearly as competitive as a lot of of the people on this site! I went into the last cycle thinking that I wouldn’t receive an interview as well but I ended up with 3 while only applying to 6 programs! I would also like to note I think what ended up making my application stand out despite lower than average hours of hce/pce was my leadership experience, letters of rec and my personal statement! I think as long as you can have people sell what type of person you really are and how you sell yourself in their PS will give you a chance at an interview here!

I gladly accepted a spot in the program here and will be starting this fall! Hope that was enough information about myself ?

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/10/2018 at 1:25 PM, Vrunda said:

@Lolo13 That was really kind of you for providing such detailed information about you. I am really thankful to you. Also big big Congratulations to you on your acceptance. Hopefully I get accepted here for this cycle and have you as my senior ?

You’re welcome and thank you very much! Good luck!!

On 7/25/2018 at 4:34 PM, PA72492 said:

What about this program excites everyone? I cannot seem to find any student testimonials. 

-What made this program appealing to me is that they give you winter breaks and one 3 month summer break after your first two semesters in the program.

-Also you get to take Anatomy Lab at Harvard Medical school which is basically across the street from campus.

-They are also renowned for their faculty and how friendly and helpful they are.

-You get to do rotations across New England and can take rotations at world class hospitals since campus is located in the heart of the Boston medical community.

-For me personally having gone to a VERY large university, the bigger class sizes hereare something that I really look forward to as well (labs are smaller though).

I think the only downside to this program for me is the cost as it’s about ~120k for the program.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

• 4 weeks later...
3 hours ago, hkstacky said:

Middle of July and I got a thank you for applying email and a set up your applicant portal email on 8/14/18. Then I received an email saying my application was under review on 8/22/18. 

That is great! I received an email from them on the 15th just about thanking me for my interest in them. Would you mind sharing your stats?