Marshall B. Ketchum University: 2018-2019 Cycle

1 hour ago, physassistant4 said:

What are your guys' thoughts about attending Ketchum vs. Western? I am on the wait list  for both programs. Ketchum is where I liked more but it is provisionally accredited. Western is fully accredited but didn't seem like the right fit for me. How are you guys handling this/ what are your thoughts?

I wouldn’t be worried about MBKU being provisionally accredited, they’re doing really well (PANCE score 100%), they are known to have really supportive staff, and have low student to faculty ratio. I don’t know too much about Western so I can’t say much but their class size is a lot bigger (around 90 students) whereas MBKU’s class size is around 40 students. 

11 hours ago, physassistant4 said:

What are your guys' thoughts about attending Ketchum vs. Western? I am on the wait list  for both programs. Ketchum is where I liked more but it is provisionally accredited. Western is fully accredited but didn't seem like the right fit for me. How are you guys handling this/ what are your thoughts?

I agree with @yjyoo. If anything I actually believe mbku will be getting their continuing accreditation this year after their arcpa review. Although they’re provisional, they’re not a super new program and to me they seem like they know what they’re doing (their PANCE scores show that too).

I personally fell in love with the program. And the fact that their class size is smaller is definitely what draws me to them vs Western, although Western is more established and has full accreditation. 

I will also be deciding between those 2 if I hear good news from Western (and if I get off the waitlist from mbku). Although at this point, I’ll take whichever from those 2 since they’re both great programs and won’t be disappointed because I’m at the point with my mindset that I only want schools that want ME back. 

Edited by SoCaliPrePA

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...