Marshall B. Ketchum University: 2018-2019 Cycle

All I can say is wow. I’m so impressed with MBKU’s interview day. I completely agree with those before me who said that their experience was just plain amazing. I felt so relaxed and welcomed by all the faculty and staff and not once did I feel intimidated in any way. They went out of their way to help us stay calm and to help us shine. I do sincerely hope I get accepted at MBKU, as it’s my top choice, but even if I don’t, I’m just so glad and grateful I was chosen to interview and that I got to experience the process.

Good luck to everyone tomorrow and to those interviewing in January! I’m sure you will all have nothing, but positive things to say as well 🙂

• Like 6

On 12/4/2018 at 11:04 AM, knguyen554 said:

I submitted everything by the beginning of August too but I still got the same email earlier 😏. Not sure why though. 

Don’t stress it.  They don’t make decisions until after everyone has interviewed so being early doesn’t give you a leg up. Personally I prefer rolling admissions.  They said they had 2500 apps, 160 interviews granted, and 40 slots.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Bravo721 said:

Don’t stress it.  They don’t make decisions until after everyone has interviewed so being early doesn’t give you a leg up. Personally I prefer rolling admissions.  They said they had 2500 apps, 160 interviews granted, and 40 slots.

Did they let you know roughly how many people were interviewed this weekend?

18 hours ago, californiahopefulpa said:

Did they let you know roughly how many people were interviewed this weekend?

I want to say each day about 40 people are interviewed, with 4 interview dates and a total of about 160 total interviewed.

The 9AM group that I was in had a total of about 20 people (with, I'm assuming, 20 more people in the 8AM group) so that sounds about right.

SO to answer you question about this weekend...80 people were interviewed.

Edited by SoCaliPrePA

3 hours ago, SoCaliPrePA said:

Can anyone from previous years confirm if MBKU sends out acceptances before end of January? 

They said end of January, but I’m pretty sure on older threads over the years I read that they start sending out some acceptances within days or weeks of the interview! 

I recall reading from either this thread or last years thread that some individuals will receive acceptances in December, but the vast majority of applicants will hear back late January/early February. This waiting period is always the most daunting, right? 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Amberrose421 said:

Just received an acceptance call from sandra fineman. I am in complete shock and am still pinching myself. Hang tight guys, as someone told me previously...your blessings are on their way. 

Congrats! They must have REALLY liked you to have gotten back to you so quick! When did you submit and pay the supplemental fee?