Marshall B. Ketchum University: 2018-2019 Cycle

On 11/18/2018 at 7:53 PM, mkaur24 said:

Hello, will you be able to share how was interview process. Stressful how is the faculty at school? 

Sure, sorry for this late reply! The interview process is awesome. I attended interviews at 3 other programs and I had the best experience at MBKU. LLU was a close second. It is very laid back and they try to make the day less nerve-wracking. They truly just want to get to know who you are and see if you will be a good fit for their program. The faculty are very friendly! 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Nwheat said:

Same....

Did anyone get a straight out rejection? I wanna keep hope but feels like a rejection email

I also received this email as well. I don't think the admissions team would waste their time with these emails so if we got one, I think it's safe to say we are seriously being considered for a spot in the next round of interviews. Good luck to us all!

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, SimonNewmanPA said:

I got the email as well. What I find a bit disturbing is that I submitted on 8/5 before the priority deadline and I am being considered for the next round. Did anyone else get the email, but submit before 9/1?

I'm in the same boat. I submitted before 9/1, but paid my fee after 9/1. Wonder if that has anything to do with it.

12 minutes ago, SiennaNguyen said:

I also received the same email! Fingers crossed!

Called today for a last minute interview on Friday as well at 9AM.

Submitted first week of July, placed on "Waitlist to Interview" in November. Received the same email in January. And was called today for an interview. Hope that helps anyone still waiting... it can still happen!

Good luck to everyone interviewing, cannot wait to meet everyone Friday! Staying at the Western Plus nearby if anyone wants to grab coffee or a meal before, message me directly!

this was a post I say on the thread from last cycle so there is still hope!!! 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, SimonNewmanPA said:

I got the email as well. What I find a bit disturbing is that I submitted on 8/5 before the priority deadline and I am being considered for the next round. Did anyone else get the email, but submit before 9/1?

I submitted everything by the beginning of August too but I still got the same email earlier 😏. Not sure why though. 

2 hours ago, Justnow said:

I also received this email as well. I don't think the admissions team would waste their time with these emails so if we got one, I think it's safe to say we are seriously being considered for a spot in the next round of interviews. Good luck to us all!

This waiting us brutal but i love the positivity, fingers crossed 🤙

Edited by Nwheat

Hi, it sounds like everyone who got the “second round interview” emails is still in the running. They probably wanted to interview you but didn’t have any more available slots in the pool of early decision applicants. Now you’ll be considered among the pool of regular decision applicants for January interview slots. I don’t know this for sure but that’s what it sounds like.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Nwheat said:

Same....

Did anyone get a straight out rejection? I wanna keep hope but feels like a rejection email

Looking at the forum posts from last year, it sounds like rejection emails won’t be sent out until February. If you’re being considered for the next round, there’s still a chance! The waiting is the toughest part.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, knittinggirl said:

I was an early applicant and did not receive the email y'all are mentioning. Best wishes to everyone!

I was an early applicant as well.  I didn't receive any news about an interview so I reached out to them for clarification regarding the process.  The day of or the day after they sent me the email stating I am still being considered.  Perhaps reach out to them as well and they might give you an update on the status of your application?