Marshall B. Ketchum University: 2018-2019 Cycle

8 hours ago, DonnTee said:

It was really nice! Everyone in the program was very involved and you could really tell how much the students loved the school. They don't have an emphasis on GPA and really look at your application as a whole (GPA range started from 2.93 in the last cohort I believe). Students come from a variety of backgrounds. The admissions committee is helpful and responsive. I'm not sure if you had any specific questions ?

Thanks for sharing! It really does sound like a great school! Was it 2.93 overall or science GPA? I was trying to find information about the last cohort on their website.

I felt like my GPA was kinda low, but now I'm a bit relieved ?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys! I'm currently in the class of 2020 at MBKU and I interviewed in December of last year so you guys hang in there. I got into another PA program but chose MBKU and I'm so glad i did! I love MBKU's PA program because the faculty really support the students! They also use pass or fail grading system so if you get above 80%, you pass the module. This is super nice because it doesn't feel like a competition and everybody helps each other. 

Anyways, wishing you all the best and maybe I'll see some of you guys next year! 

Edited by ColoradoG3rl
  • Like 4
  • Upvote 4

8 hours ago, ColoradoG3rl said:

Hi guys! I'm currently in the class of 2020 at MBKU and I interviewed in December of last year so you guys hang in there. I got into another PA program but chose MBKU and I'm so glad i did! I love MBKU's PA program because the faculty really support the students! They also use pass or fail grading system so if you get above 80%, you pass the module. This is super nice because it doesn't feel like a competition and everybody helps each other. 

Anyways, wishing you all the best and maybe I'll see some of you guys next year! 

Congratulations and thank you for that message. 

Do you remember what style of interview do they use ? Is it grouped, individual, mmi?

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, biopsyd said:

Has anyone received an interview invite?

I was told recently that I'll be hearing back in December since I submitted after the early consideration deadline of September 1st. Based off that, I'm guessing those who submitted before September 1st should be hearing back about interviews this month. ? 

I submitted before September 1 but haven't heard anything yet! I'm pretty sure it will be this month then if you were told December. 

• Like 1

On 10/26/2018 at 1:06 AM, Battlexplorer09 said:

Congratulations and thank you for that message. 

Do you remember what style of interview do they use ? Is it grouped, individual, mmi?

I believe we started with an essay, then an individual interview with two faculty members and a group interview with a given scenario. It was honestly really chill although no one feels like it is until it's over.  

3 hours ago, ColoradoG3rl said:

I believe we started with an essay, then an individual interview with two faculty members and a group interview with a given scenario. It was honestly really chill although no one feels like it is until it's over.  

Thank you so much for the information! This may be a stupid question, but do you happen to remember if the nature of the essay? I'm just wondering if it's same as interview questions/personal or it's more academic in nature testing our actual skills/knowledge?

On 11/8/2018 at 10:31 PM, MishaShisha said:

Thank you so much for the information! This may be a stupid question, but do you happen to remember if the nature of the essay? I'm just wondering if it's same as interview questions/personal or it's more academic in nature testing our actual skills/knowledge?

Not a stupid question. I was pretty worried about it but it was really simple. Just an opinion based question but not sure if they change it every year. 

1 hour ago, Hanskari said:

I received an interview. They said to click on the link in the email and accept the invitation. When I do that and log in to my account it says there is no action required. Am I looking in the wrong spot to accept the interview? Has anyone experienced this? 

When did you submit caspa? 

14 hours ago, sdprepa16 said:

I received an interview invite today as well! 🙂 

17 hours ago, LCKindle said:

I also just received an interview invite. 🙂