Marshall B. Ketchum University: 2018-2019 Cycle

15 minutes ago, KatherineLee said:

Congrats to everyone who received an interview! I will be applying next year and was wondering if those that received an interview can comment on if they took organic with or without a lab and if they took biochem?

Also, wondering when everyone submitted they're app that has received an interview so far? 

THANKS GUYS! 

I still haven’t heard from them since they said interview updates will happen in November and December so hoping for the best! 

I would directly email them with specific class questions. It’s what I did and they always responded really quickly. 

Edited by MishaShisha
Adding to comment

• 2 weeks later...
"Thank you! We received your Supplemental Application Fee and application.  Your file is currently under review.

Submission of responses and application does not guarantee an interview invitation. If the committee decides to offer you an interview or  decline your application you will be notified via email to check the portal for a status update. Decisions will be made and invitees will be notified for interviews November-December. 

Reminder: MBKU does not participate in rolling admissions, which means applicants will not be offered an invitation prior to the application deadlines."

That's the latest I've heard from them.
  • Upvote 1

55 minutes ago, missroux said:
"Thank you! We received your Supplemental Application Fee and application.  Your file is currently under review.

Submission of responses and application does not guarantee an interview invitation. If the committee decides to offer you an interview or  decline your application you will be notified via email to check the portal for a status update. Decisions will be made and invitees will be notified for interviews November-December. 

Reminder: MBKU does not participate in rolling admissions, which means applicants will not be offered an invitation prior to the application deadlines."

That's the latest I've heard from them.

Hmm... I never received that email. The last email I got was in June that said this:

"Your application for MBKU'S School of PA Studies has been received. We are presently in the process of reviewing each applicants qualifications. Due to the high level of applications this cycle, we will not be able to interview every applicant. A review of each application will be made to determine which of the applicants will be invited to come for an interview.

We anticipate that we will be back in touch with you by December 2018 to inform you of the results of this process. We appreciate your patience, and hope you can understand our desire to ensure that every applicant receives full consideration.

Best Regards,

Office of Admissions
MBKU School of Physician Assistant Studies"

1 hour ago, LeBronisGOAT said:

Hmm... I never received that email. The last email I got was in June that said this:

"Your application for MBKU'S School of PA Studies has been received. We are presently in the process of reviewing each applicants qualifications. Due to the high level of applications this cycle, we will not be able to interview every applicant. A review of each application will be made to determine which of the applicants will be invited to come for an interview.

We anticipate that we will be back in touch with you by December 2018 to inform you of the results of this process. We appreciate your patience, and hope you can understand our desire to ensure that every applicant receives full consideration.

Best Regards,

Office of Admissions
MBKU School of Physician Assistant Studies"

Sorry, I should have been more specific.  This is the last message I received through the portal after I paid the supplemental fee.

I got this email on 9/7 (I submitted 8/31)

"Congratulations on submitting your application to Marshall B. Ketchum University (MBKU) through CASPA!

An account has been created for you on the MyKetchum portal system where you can access information regarding your application. The site and your login information is listed below: 

Portal Website: https://my.ketchum.edu/ICS/PA_Applicants/
Username: xxxx
Password: xxxx

The “PA Applicants” tab will be your guide through the entire application process. The first step to completing your application is to pay the $75 supplemental application fee. Follow the directions found on the “PA Applicants” tab.

Your application will not be complete until you have paid the non-refundable Supplemental Application Fee. This fee is applicable only toward the current admissions season.

Please feel free to call the School of Physician Assistant Studies at 714.992.7808 or PAadmissions@Ketchum.edu if you have any further questions. 

Thank You!"

13 hours ago, futurePAeryka said:

When did you set up a portal and pay the fee? I didn’t know we needed to do that...

Once you submit your CASPA application you should have received an email to log into your portal with the username and password they provided for you. I did not get an email and after two weeks of waiting I emailed and asked when I can pay for the secondary fee (through the portal). They sent me an email a couple of hours later. So if you haven't received an email to pay for the secondary fee I suggest you email them.  

Once you submit your CASPA application you should have received an email to log into your portal with the username and password they provided for you. I did not get an email and after two weeks of waiting I emailed and asked when I can pay for the secondary fee (through the portal). They sent me an email a couple of hours later. So if you haven't received an email to pay for the secondary fee I suggest you email them.  

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 10/4/2018 at 1:54 PM, MishaShisha said:

Did anyone else see that they're hosting an Open House in October 13th? I tried to RSVP but it's already sold out... literally 24hrs after they announced the event ? Really bummed about this... hope anyone else was able to sign up? ? 

I found it by luck and signed up immediately. mbku is my top choice. I love the faculty, the PA program, and the mission. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Joslynnbre said:

Is anyone still waiting for an email into the portal? I submitted 8/8 & I'm still waiting. 

Have you checked your spam/junk folder in your email? If it’s not there I would suggest you email them ! I submitted on September 18 and received access to the portal on the 21st. 

Hey everyone. 

Would anyone be able to clarify their accreditation status? From my understanding, provisional means it's accredited, but still under review to get continued accreditation with the next review being March. I saw that their PANCE pass rates were 100% for all their graduating classes so far, which is impressive. I'm considering applying last minute now, but was hesitant about the accreditation. ?

6 hours ago, biopsyd said:

Hey everyone. 

Would anyone be able to clarify their accreditation status? From my understanding, provisional means it's accredited, but still under review to get continued accreditation with the next review being March. I saw that their PANCE pass rates were 100% for all their graduating classes so far, which is impressive. I'm considering applying last minute now, but was hesitant about the accreditation. ?

APPLY! Yes if it is provisional you may still take your PANCE and become a PA-C. It’s a great school and has a great track record for a new program. It’s only a problem if a school is doing poor, usually the ARC-PA places programs on probation until their next site visit and if there is continuing problems in the program whether it’s student/faculty ratio , curriculum, PANCE results of previous classes then it loses accreditation. But if they lose accreditation it just means that they cannot admit students. I would be more cautious applying to schools that are currently on probation with an upcoming site visit during this cycle because if you go through all the hoops and they lose accreditation then you lost time and money even if accepted. I would look over the PANCE results to see if it’s worthwhile to even apply. Any program above the national average results of the PANCE is a good indication of how well a program does educating their PA students for the exam, this is a program to choose. I hope this helps! 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Vg993 said:

APPLY! Yes if it is provisional you may still take your PANCE and become a PA-C. It’s a great school and has a great track record for a new program. It’s only a problem if a school is doing poor, usually the ARC-PA places programs on probation until their next site visit and if there is continuing problems in the program whether it’s student/faculty ratio , curriculum, PANCE results of previous classes then it loses accreditation. But if they lose accreditation it just means that they cannot admit students. I would be more cautious applying to schools that are currently on probation with an upcoming site visit during this cycle because if you go through all the hoops and they lose accreditation then you lost time and money even if accepted. I would look over the PANCE results to see if it’s worthwhile to even apply. Any program above the national average results of the PANCE is a good indication of how well a program does educating their PA students for the exam, this is a program to choose. I hope this helps! 

Very helpful! Thank you! Yes it does seem like a great program and school so far! I will be applying now and visiting since it's close to me! 

On 10/16/2018 at 2:35 AM, EMTtoPAC said:

How was the preview day guys?? I really wanted to go but it “sold out” so quickly on the rsvp link. I called to try to get on the list but they said they had about 300 rsvp’s so they were full. 

Best of luck to everyone this cycle! ?

It was really nice! Everyone in the program was very involved and you could really tell how much the students loved the school. They don't have an emphasis on GPA and really look at your application as a whole (GPA range started from 2.93 in the last cohort I believe). Students come from a variety of backgrounds. The admissions committee is helpful and responsive. I'm not sure if you had any specific questions ?

• Like 1