Loma Linda University: 2018-2019 Cycle

22 hours ago, Fab4PA said:

I am interviewing Dec 18 too! Where do you live? How are you preparing for the interview?

I live in Van Nuys. What about you?

So I’m not preparing too much since I feel pretty prepared from all the practice I did for my other 2 interviews. 

For the other 2, I read a bunch of common pa school int questions online and from the pa school interview book, practiced how I would answer them and then did a bunch of mock interviews with friends/ family and a practicing PA. 

I read over my caspa application for those schools, my answers to the  questions and my personal statement and I pretty much knew everything there is online about the schools, including their mission statements.

Lastly, I made sure I knew PA laws from state to state and specifically laws for PA’s practicing in California. 

And I was accepted to one of those schools that I interviewed at, so my preparations seemed to have paid off. 🙂 

On 10/12/2018 at 7:58 PM, Bonist55 said:

Me too.  2 years in a row.  Funny thing is I’ve been accepted by a very highly ranked PA school my 1st round.  Don’t sell yourself short.  You never know what schools are (really) looking for.  

Yup, same here. I feel like they don’t even look at our entire application. Wasted money for two years on this program. Bonist55, would you mind sharing you accepted school? I am sure you’re in my area because we’ve applied to the same schools! Lol!

• Downvote 1

8 minutes ago, SunnyPA said:

Yup, same here. I feel like they don’t even look at our entire application. Wasted money for two years on this program. Bonist55, would you mind sharing you accepted school? I am sure you’re in my area because we’ve applied to the same schools! Lol!

I applied to 22 schools the second cycle.  I was accepted to Eastern Virginia Medical School and UOP.  I’m still waiting to hear back from UC Davis.

On 12/3/2018 at 7:29 PM, SunnyPA said:

Sorry, but I have to disagree! This is my 3rd year applying with this school and I recently interviewed. Despite being rejected in previous years, I do not feel it was a waste. The school definitely recognizes that you've applied more than once and sees that you truly want to go to their school. The reason I believe that they look at your entire application is that I received an interview despite not having a stellar GPA. I have worked endlessly to have an upward trending GPA and to improve all other areas as an applicant. It can happen!

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/3/2018 at 10:29 PM, SunnyPA said:

Hi guys... I was wondering if this information was updated on your application status page as well? My page hasn't changed since I submitted. 

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, effiedoesyoga said:

Hi everyone, I called this morning to see how the interviews were going... they are possibly interviewing all the way until March. They were a little held up due to the ARC-PA visit. I am still waiting to hear about an interview or a decline and to me this was good news 🙂

Haha no worries, hope you get the interview! 

Some of us are waiting to hear back about acceptances/rejections from back in August/November 😉

• Like 1

I Interviewed 1/15 and was very impressed with the program, campus, faculty and current students. The interview process is definitely unique, but if you are yourself and know the PA profession, you’ll do great! I was surprisingly accepted the same day, just hours after leaving the campus, and i’m thinking this will be my top choice. Good luck to everyone else interviewing here and waiting to hear back.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BHau23 said:

I Interviewed 1/15 and was very impressed with the program, campus, faculty and current students. The interview process is definitely unique, but if you are yourself and know the PA profession, you’ll do great! I was surprisingly accepted the same day, just hours after leaving the campus, and i’m thinking this will be my top choice. Good luck to everyone else interviewing here and waiting to hear back.

Congratulations!! How did you prepare for the interview or any tips or suggestion? I have an interview coming up at Loma Linda, Thanks

3 hours ago, effiedoesyoga said:

Hi! I called today. They are having more interviews and sent out declines by mail on Monday. I was unfortunately declined but best of luck to you! They told me my status over the phone, I did not have to wait for the letter in the mail. 

So sorry to hear that! 😞 did you status change on the portal as well? 

3 hours ago, effiedoesyoga said:

Hi! I called today. They are having more interviews and sent out declines by mail on Monday. I was unfortunately declined but best of luck to you! They told me my status over the phone, I did not have to wait for the letter in the mail. 

Also, did they happen to mention how many more interviews they will be having? 

On 1/31/2019 at 12:09 AM, CaliPA13 said:

Also, did they happen to mention how many more interviews they will be having? 

Hi @CaliPA13 thank you 😕 it’s a bummer but also okay. I was accepted to another school closer to home, Boston but California would’ve been fun. They did not update the portal but they did say there were 2 more interviews. Good luck on your journey!

On 2/3/2019 at 4:48 AM, effiedoesyoga said:

Hi @CaliPA13 thank you 😕 it’s a bummer but also okay. I was accepted to another school closer to home, Boston but California would’ve been fun. They did not update the portal but they did say there were 2 more interviews. Good luck on your journey!

Thank you! Congrats on being accepted to another school though, and best of luck! 🙂