Loma Linda University: 2018-2019 Cycle

Hello all! 

My name is Nicole and I am a current student at Loma Linda class of 2020. I’m co-vice president and I wanted to introduce myself and help you guys out however I can! 

The president and I have started a FB group for all accepted students, just search “Loma Linda University physician assistant class of 2021”. Congratulations if you have got in already and if you haven’t heard back, don’t freak out! There is still so much time!

please feel free to ask me anything! 

• Upvote 1

On 8/28/2018 at 3:59 PM, Kar27 said:

thinking of submitting my application, however I'm not a Seventh Day Adventist. do you guys think they accept people who are not members?

I can tell you that only about 4 people in our class are SDA; we all come from different backgrounds. They do a great job of forming a good class so trust the process! 

21 minutes ago, Nikibabian said:

Hello all! 

My name is Nicole and I am a current student at Loma Linda class of 2020. I’m co-vice president and I wanted to introduce myself and help you guys out however I can! 

The president and I have started a FB group for all accepted students, just search “Loma Linda University physician assistant class of 2021”. Congratulations if you have got in already and if you haven’t heard back, don’t freak out! There is still so much time!

please feel free to ask me anything! 

Thank you so much! This is really appreciated! Any idea why some of us have not heard back especially if we submitted sometime in July?

Thanks!

Hello all,

I’m also a current LLU PA student. I’ll jump on the bandwagon with Niki here and try to answer some questions of yours:

pa13579: the photo size, I believe should be a passport sized photo. If you want to use the passport booth app, that can print photos out for you onto a 4x6 to save you money.

For those of you wondering about waiting and pondering why you haven’t heard back yet, I ask for your patience and to trust the process. There are very few interview spots each round and I can tell you our class is composed of students from each interview group throughout last year. They run interview until early next year as well.

For those of you asking about interview questions, unfortunately, they did ask us not to reveal interview questions when we interviewed. I’d say be prepared for all types of questions, but also to be yourself. You won’t necessarily know everything but show your personality and be flexible. Show your ability to communicate and your strengths.

hazell034: I don’t believe I sent in my official transcripts until I was officially accepted. So I believe you can wait for that one.

As for stats and comparing yourself to others, I’d suggest you be patient with that. Yes, stats are very important, but they’re also not the end-all, be-all. We have a very diverse group that is coming together quite well. I’d say we have many backgrounds with many different strengths in our class. So don’t discount yourself because your stats don’t compare to others. If you can get to the interview, it’s your time to shine. Like Bonist55 said, you never know what each school likes or is looking for either.

I hope that helps. Please let me or Niki know how we can be of assistance to you. I will say the class of 2019 has really helped guide our class and I’m hoping we can do the same for the class of 2021.

• Upvote 1

On 10/26/2018 at 3:03 AM, Ht213 said:

Hey there! Congrats on your interview invitation! 

If I can ask, when did you submit your application ? I am just nervous because I haven’t heard anything from them and I submitted in July/August. 

The last thing I was advised when I called and check was that my application was in review with the review committee. I know that no news is good news for this program, unless it’s an interview call, but I’m still concerned . 

I know the feeling. I submitted my application on May 25th and literally just heard from them last week (besides the email on June 21st saying they'd received my supplemental). It's a gut-wrenching process but as you said, no news IS good news. Best of luck.

Godspeed, 

-Janell

Edited by Janell305
  • Like 2

On ‎10‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 1:11 PM, Janell305 said:

I know the feeling. I submitted my application on May 25th and literally just heard from them last week (besides the email on June 21st saying they'd received my supplemental). It's a gut-wrenching process but as you said, no news IS good news. Best of luck.

Godspeed, 

-Janell

Hey there Janell,

Thank you for this note! I appreciate it. I am hoping yours was good news. I am keeping my fingers crossed and praying that maybe I will hear something soon. ?

• Upvote 1

On 10/30/2018 at 9:36 AM, zvlag said:

Can someone let me know how the portal looks once you have been offered an interview or receive rejection? Thanks in advance! 

You will always get a call before the portal changes! 

But once you are accepted, it will of course say "Congratulations" and you'll have a ton of tasks to complete and they will walk you through everything! 

If you get a rejection I don't think the site looks any different. Hope this helps!