Loma Linda University: 2018-2019 Cycle

Hi everyone! I got an interview invite for Oct. 9th! I am so excited! Are there any current students or reapplicants who have interviewed there before provide any insight? Are the interviews traditional questions? MMI? Ethical questions? Any advice would be awesome. Thank you so much!

On ‎10‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 6:03 AM, Dee L. said:

Hi everyone! I got an interview invite for Oct. 9th! I am so excited! Are there any current students or reapplicants who have interviewed there before provide any insight? Are the interviews traditional questions? MMI? Ethical questions? Any advice would be awesome. Thank you so much!

Hello , when did you receive your invite for October 9th?

21 hours ago, corpsmanspear85 said:

B.A Medical Anthropology

Cum GPA 3.66

Science GPA 3.26

Health care hours 16,000 hours as a Combat Medic. Half the hours working in the emergency room and the other half on 4 combat deployment.

300 volunteer hours

I have BCP as 3.11

Bio as 3.5

Overall 3.45

Patient care- 7000

Health care- 1000

Volunter-5000

LEadership hours

Tutoring 

Shadowing PA and radiologist

You think I will still have a chance

12 minutes ago, CalBears said:

Got a rejection letter in the mail, disappointed but optimistic for other opportunities. Best of luck to everyone! 

Me too.  2 years in a row.  Funny thing is I’ve been accepted by a very highly ranked PA school my 1st round.  Don’t sell yourself short.  You never know what schools are (really) looking for.  

Beyond grateful to receive another opportunity to interview at LLU - this is my top choice especially after interviewing with the program last cycle. I’ve heard only great things about LLU’s PA program and have interviewed other medical professionals who came from LLU and I think they really focus on selecting individuals that fit their mission and values.

I will be interviewing on October 23rd! Please private message me if you’d like to introduce yourself and I’m happy to answer any questions / get to know you!

- Christine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 10/12/2018 at 7:58 PM, Bonist55 said:

Me too.  2 years in a row.  Funny thing is I’ve been accepted by a very highly ranked PA school my 1st round.  Don’t sell yourself short.  You never know what schools are (really) looking for.  

Same here. Got rejected 2 years in a row. IDK what they are looking for. Possibility more religious people perhaps.? Anyways, I am getting interviews from other schools so hopefully I get into 1 of them. 

Has anyone been invited recently for an interview? I was wondering if anyone has been invited for November dates yet?

I have not received a rejection in the mail and called in to check the status of my application and they advised me that it is still in review, which seems odd because I have had this app submitted since July/August. I mean no complaints on not hearing anything cause I know no news is good news... but still... its unnerving.

I have a couple other interviews, just really hoping for an opportunity at this LLU.

8 hours ago, Ht213 said:

Has anyone been invited recently for an interview? I was wondering if anyone has been invited for November dates yet?

I have not received a rejection in the mail and called in to check the status of my application and they advised me that it is still in review, which seems odd because I have had this app submitted since July/August. I mean no complaints on not hearing anything cause I know no news is good news... but still... its unnerving.

I have a couple other interviews, just really hoping for an opportunity at this LLU.

I'm in the same exact situation! ?

On 10/24/2018 at 10:27 PM, Janell305 said:

Nov 20th. Anyone else for that date?

Hey there! Congrats on your interview invitation! 

If I can ask, when did you submit your application ? I am just nervous because I haven’t heard anything from them and I submitted in July/August. 

The last thing I was advised when I called and check was that my application was in review with the review committee. I know that no news is good news for this program, unless it’s an interview call, but I’m still concerned .