Dominican University: 2018-2019 Cycle

On 10/8/2018 at 9:31 AM, sarahvanderloop said:

Congrats!! I have my interview coming up in November... any specific advice?!

Congrats to you!! I used the PA Platform's book by Savannah Perry which I felt helped a lot when preparing answers to the traditional questions. There weren't any curveballs and all of the staff and current students were super friendly and nice! Make sure to wear comfortable shoes or take a back up pair because the Tour did last ~1 hour

7 hours ago, californiahopefulpa said:

Hi guys! Has anyone been rejected or waitlisted from the 9/22 interview?Just curious since I haven't heard back yet. 

Hey californiahopefulpa (and everyone else!),

I also interviewed on the 22nd and have had zero news since then.  I have a feeling that the handful of applicants that were initially accepted were already notified and that the rest of us will be notified of our status after this next round of interviews (Nov.), or even after a potential third round (to be scheduled later).  My guess is they have all “the maybes” (ie- us) ranked based on some sort of point system (interview points + gpa points + pce/hce points etc.) and will begin sequentially accepting people off that list once they have extended offers to applicants that scored the highest overall from each interview session  (ie- “the early/automatic acceptances”).  

Anyway, I could be completely wrong, but that is my hunch. Only time will tell! 

For the time being, as we wait, I wish you and everyone else the best of luck and peace of mind in knowing that we are all in this together, for the greater goal of helping our communities as medical professionals. We will get there, one way or another! 

Cheers!

• Like 2

6 hours ago, skate411 said:

Well, there goes my theory! Thanks for sharing your update. Congrats on being on the waitlist. There is always movement off the waitlist - fingers crossed it all works out! 

When you say “letter”, do you mean email or letter in the mail?

Letter in the mail and email as well. Thank you! Good luck to you.

Hi all,

I’ve been accepted and will be apart of the 2021 cohort. I’m just wondering if anyone has looked into housing or is looking for a potential roommate? I’m from out of state and will be moving to San Rafael sometime in July 2019. The area is quite expensive to live in, and I’m just wondering if anyone has thought this far ahead yet? (I realize it’s only October) Looking forward to meeting you all, and goodluck to those still interviewing and waiting! 

On 10/12/2018 at 1:25 PM, Vg993 said:

Currently regretting applying very late. & Congrats to all those who interviewed and the acceptances/waitlists. I emailed Ms.Hinz for a follow up to see if they will conduct more interviews for those of us still wondering. Will update once I get an answer. 

Yes please share if/ when you get a reply! I applied very late as well and have heard nothing. Thanks! 

Congratulations and best wishes to those of you with acceptances and upcoming interviews!

I attended a program session last week and my understanding is that there will not be any more interviews after November. The program receives over 2000 applications that they trim down to interview about 150 for some 30 spots only.

I highly recommend you contact admissions for application feedback as they will most likely honor your request; I emailed Ms Hinz the day after the program session and she replied within 2 days! Hence, I will be retaking one prerequisite to improve my grade and prepare for next cycle!!

Keep up the great work and the dream alive fellow pre-PAs!!!

16 hours ago, futurepaphd said:

Congratulations and best wishes to those of you with acceptances and upcoming interviews!

I attended a program session last week and my understanding is that there will not be any more interviews after November. The program receives over 2000 applications that they trim down to interview about 150 for some 30 spots only.

I highly recommend you contact admissions for application feedback as they will most likely honor your request; I emailed Ms Hinz the day after the program session and she replied within 2 days! Hence, I will be retaking one prerequisite to improve my grade and prepare for next cycle!!

Keep up the great work and the dream alive fellow pre-PAs!!!

Thanks for sharing. I was going to come but it traffic was so bad on that day and I live in fremont. I had to drive 2 hrs and won't make it on time. 

4 hours ago, skate411 said:

Hey guys! I hope you all have had a good weekend. I was just checking back in with the group because while I interviewed on 9/22, I have yet to hear back anything at all. No acceptance, waitlist or denial.  Are other people in this boat? 

Hello @skate411, have you checked with admissions? They seem very responsive to emails. Otherwise, have you thought of sending a letter of intent to reiterate your interest in taking part of their program and include any updates?