Samuel Merritt University: 2018-2019 Cycle

I couldn't hear much of the webinar however, a lot of the items discussed were about the Fresno campus expansion. 

They are still reviewing applications

Interview invites to go out December for Jan/Feb interviews

Acceptance to go out March 2019

44 students to Oakland and 25 to Fresno

Everyone will be getting a survey in November (couldn't hear why)

Start date for Fall '19 is 9/9/19 (both locations)

There were other questions about curriculum and stuff, but I couldn't hear a lot of it.

Edited by Radprepa
  • Like 13

1 hour ago, Radprepa said:

I couldn't hear much of the webinar however, a lot of the items discussed were about the Fresno campus expansion. 

There were other questions about curriculum and stuff, but I couldn't hear a lot of it.

Ahhhh another 2 months to hear back!!! Bleh!

4 hours ago, Radprepa said:

Thank you so much for taking the time to share all that info with us! Much appreciated! 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Radprepa said:

Yup everything stated above ^

Yeah basically majority of the webinar was about the Fresno campus expansion. They will be accredited and Dr.DeRosa was very confident in it, it’s not being accredited as new program but rather being a satellite expansion of the Oakland campus along with finding preceptorships in the Fresno area. Thus ARC-PA will accredit it as the same “continuing accreditation” as Oakland. It’s in the heart of the heath service district for anyone who is familiar with Fresno. There is also a difference of tuition in Fresno due to lower COL something around $20k. Fresno and Oakland will have the same facilities. 

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎10‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 3:20 PM, Radprepa said:

Thank YOU @Radprepa!

• Like 1

On 10/11/2018 at 7:56 PM, Vg993 said:

Yup everything stated above ^

Yeah basically majority of the webinar was about the Fresno campus expansion. They will be accredited and Dr.DeRosa was very confident in it, it’s not being accredited as new program but rather being a satellite expansion of the Oakland campus along with finding preceptorships in the Fresno area. Thus ARC-PA will accredit it as the same “continuing accreditation” as Oakland. It’s in the heart of the heath service district for anyone who is familiar with Fresno. There is also a difference of tuition in Fresno due to lower COL something around $20k. Fresno and Oakland will have the same facilities. 

Thank you for the information.

How do we know if we signed up for the fresno campus? Was the sign up option on CASPA?

Thank you.

5 minutes ago, whitesocks said:

i just reread that email confirming our application and it says interview invites will start going out in November... ?

I read that too but I also read last years thread and the current students were saying to not really expect invites until December and even January... so I’m assuming it’s just going to be whenever they’re ready and done reviewing apps at this point ??‍♀️ hopefully it’ll be sooner than later!

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, NicoleJo said:

I read that too but I also read last years thread and the current students were saying to not really expect invites until December and even January... so I’m assuming it’s just going to be whenever they’re ready and done reviewing apps at this point ??‍♀️ hopefully it’ll be sooner than later!

oh yea haha I just read last year's thread... looks like Dec. 5th was the day and by phone too ?  Going to keep my phone close to me at all times in December haha 

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...