Jump to content
Bonist55

Samuel Merritt University: 2018-2019 Cycle

Recommended Posts

Update. I’ve been told the lottery for the Fresno students will take place as they only had 7 open seats in Oakland and at least 8 people admitted to Fresno already have expressed interest in taking them. No word on when any of it will actually take place and a revised waitlist be released

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, gdw40 said:

Update. I’ve been told the lottery for the Fresno students will take place as they only had 7 open seats in Oakland and at least 8 people admitted to Fresno already have expressed interest in taking them. No word on when any of it will actually take place and a revised waitlist be released

Are you hearing these updates from those accepted to Fresno?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, gdw40 said:

Update. I’ve been told the lottery for the Fresno students will take place as they only had 7 open seats in Oakland and at least 8 people admitted to Fresno already have expressed interest in taking them. No word on when any of it will actually take place and a revised waitlist be released

 did you mean to say it WILL NOT TAKE PLACE?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’ve just been going on the chat room that Tonette Green hosts every Wednesday morning asking for updates. I was 9th on the waitlist. But it now looks like zero chances of any of us waitlisted people getting in. They announced 20 students were admitted to that Fresno cohort, so of those 20 at least 8 have already opted to attend Oakland this year. Which means they are going to fill the currently 7 empty spots in Oakland and bump us all further down the waitlist.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, gdw40 said:

I’ve just been going on the chat room that Tonette Green hosts every Wednesday morning asking for updates. I was 9th on the waitlist. But it now looks like zero chances of any of us waitlisted people getting in. They announced 20 students were admitted to that Fresno cohort, so of those 20 at least 8 have already opted to attend Oakland this year. Which means they are going to fill the currently 7 empty spots in Oakland and bump us all further down the waitlist.

Thanks for the info. How do you access this chat room?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/31/2019 at 1:10 PM, gdw40 said:

I’ve just been going on the chat room that Tonette Green hosts every Wednesday morning asking for updates. I was 9th on the waitlist. But it now looks like zero chances of any of us waitlisted people getting in. They announced 20 students were admitted to that Fresno cohort, so of those 20 at least 8 have already opted to attend Oakland this year. Which means they are going to fill the currently 7 empty spots in Oakland and bump us all further down the waitlist.

so there is no point of applying at this point correct? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, ThefuturePA said:

so is it too late to apply to the program now?

nope! I applied around 8/25-8/31 and I was placed in the first round of interviews and I got in. They do not utilize rolling admission. So in my opinion you have as good of a shot compared to those that applied when the cycle first opened. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Peanut3 said:

nope! I applied around 8/25-8/31 and I was placed in the first round of interviews and I got in. They do not utilize rolling admission. So in my opinion you have as good of a shot compared to those that applied when the cycle first opened. 

do you mean this year? or last year 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, ThefuturePA said:

do you mean this year? or last year 

 

I am a second year student this year at SMU.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Welcome to the Physician Assistant Forum! This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. Learn More