Samuel Merritt University: 2018-2019 Cycle

2 hours ago, gdw40 said:

Update. I’ve been told the lottery for the Fresno students will take place as they only had 7 open seats in Oakland and at least 8 people admitted to Fresno already have expressed interest in taking them. No word on when any of it will actually take place and a revised waitlist be released

Are you hearing these updates from those accepted to Fresno?

2 hours ago, gdw40 said:

Update. I’ve been told the lottery for the Fresno students will take place as they only had 7 open seats in Oakland and at least 8 people admitted to Fresno already have expressed interest in taking them. No word on when any of it will actually take place and a revised waitlist be released

did you mean to say it WILL NOT TAKE PLACE?

I’ve just been going on the chat room that Tonette Green hosts every Wednesday morning asking for updates. I was 9th on the waitlist. But it now looks like zero chances of any of us waitlisted people getting in. They announced 20 students were admitted to that Fresno cohort, so of those 20 at least 8 have already opted to attend Oakland this year. Which means they are going to fill the currently 7 empty spots in Oakland and bump us all further down the waitlist.

11 minutes ago, gdw40 said:

I’ve just been going on the chat room that Tonette Green hosts every Wednesday morning asking for updates. I was 9th on the waitlist. But it now looks like zero chances of any of us waitlisted people getting in. They announced 20 students were admitted to that Fresno cohort, so of those 20 at least 8 have already opted to attend Oakland this year. Which means they are going to fill the currently 7 empty spots in Oakland and bump us all further down the waitlist.

Thanks for the info. How do you access this chat room?

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/31/2019 at 1:10 PM, gdw40 said:

so there is no point of applying at this point correct? 

41 minutes ago, ThefuturePA said:

so is it too late to apply to the program now?

nope! I applied around 8/25-8/31 and I was placed in the first round of interviews and I got in. They do not utilize rolling admission. So in my opinion you have as good of a shot compared to those that applied when the cycle first opened.