Samuel Merritt University: 2018-2019 Cycle

On 3/9/2019 at 9:24 PM, kgjohnso5 said:

Do you know if they give us a number for each campus? Or are we put on a waitlist based on our campus preference?

It sounded like they will email each person notifying them of their own numerical spot on the waitlist, but I may be mistaken 🙂 they didn't specify if they would be splitting up the waitlist based on each campus or if there would be two waitlists

Edited by SharkTank01

I got the email as well. 52/60. What in the world would people think that 51 people above me will give up the seat ?LOL There is no way that I would get into this school this cycle. I don't understand why would they keep 60 people on the waitlist. Anyways. congrats to people who got in already and those who are on the waitlist, keep your hopes up. Start preparing for next cycle also! Good luck everyone! 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 4/8/2019 at 9:35 AM, gdw40 said:

Has anyone from the waitlist heard anything yet? Or if you someone received an offer of admission what was your deadline to respond by? Just curious if we’re going to get called before the May update

Have not heard from anyone regarding movement on the wait list-still holding my breath and waiting!!

On 4/24/2019 at 8:24 PM, hayleyir said:

Question for all you applicants! Did they count shadowing hours if you worked with a PA or it had to be non work related shadowing?

On 4/24/2019 at 8:24 PM, hayleyir said:

Question for all you applicants! Did they count shadowing hours if you worked with a PA or it had to be non work related shadowing?

For Samuel Merritt, shadowing hours did not count if you were paid to be working with that PA or in a paid capacity surrounding the PA.  The rational was that you were being paid to do your specific job with/around the PA and were in all likelihood not actually able to give full attention to the work that the PA was doing.  

This is indeed a common question that Samuel Merritt often answered during their informational sessions and web presentations.  But I am only answering that for Samuel Merritt according to the sessions that I attended concerning that school. As another individual said, other schools may be different. 

11 hours ago, anna1 said:

Hello to all. Has anyone heard anything about the waiting list update?

Has anyone called in from the waitlist yet? I appreciate your response.

They were on break according to the online calendar so I was going to give them until this afternoon Before calling in. I don’t understand the lack of the updates in comparison to the last couple years on this forum. Hoping they’re just moving slow because of opening Fresno

On 5/6/2019 at 9:28 AM, gdw40 said:

They were on break according to the online calendar so I was going to give them until this afternoon Before calling in. I don’t understand the lack of the updates in comparison to the last couple years on this forum. Hoping they’re just moving slow because of opening Fresno

Thank you.

On 5/6/2019 at 10:28 AM, gdw40 said:

Did you get ahold of anyone or any information when you called?

9 minutes ago, kgjohnso5 said:

Did you get ahold of anyone or any information when you called?

She was personally out of the office for most of the week, but I did get ahold of her over the phone yesterday. I guess it was like I assumed and they are waiting for the Fresno campus to get finished up before they start calling on the waitlist. She said with the number of calls and emails she’s been getting that she is thinking about sending out a Fresno campus update to help call all of our nerves.