Samuel Merritt University: 2018-2019 Cycle

Congratulations to everyone who got accepted!!! Has anyone heard back regarding Fresno campus?? It seems like everyone who got accepted so far were admitted to Oakland campus. For those who got accepted, were any of you offered to choose between Fresno and Oakland campus? 

Edited by ylee053
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, ylee053 said:

Congratulations to everyone who got accepted!!! Has anyone heard back regarding Fresno campus?? It seems like everyone who got accepted so far were admitted to Oakland campus. For those who got accepted, were any of you offered to choose between Fresno and Oakland campus? 

I put that I prefer the Oakland campus but would accept a seat at Fresno throughout the whole application process and my acceptance e-mail simply said “Campus: Oakland”

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ylee053 said:

Should we join the already existing FB group or create a new one for Fresno campus? 

Congratulations on getting in!! I would suggest making your own facebook group. Because our cohort uses facebook on a daily bases about topics we are learning in class, Q&A about topics, exam schedules, etc. Therefore, if we put both classes on the same page on facebook it can get confusing. Most of us students have already joined the Oakland class and we will be joining the Fresno to help guide you along the way. 

Edited by Peanut3

26 minutes ago, Peanut3 said:

Congratulations on getting in!! I would suggest making your own facebook group. Because our cohort uses facebook on a daily bases about topics we are learning in class, Q&A about topics, exam schedules, etc. Therefore, if we put both classes on the same page on facebook it can get confusing. Most of us students have already joined the Oakland class and we will be joining the Fresno to help guide you along the way. 

From what I understand, we will likely have the same lectures, same tests and at the same time so it would be wise if we were all on the same page together as a whole. But a facebook group this early won't really do much for us anyway.

50 minutes ago, FredHg said:

From what I understand, we will likely have the same lectures, same tests and at the same time so it would be wise if we were all on the same page together as a whole. But a facebook group this early won't really do much for us anyway.

Hi there !

Not exactly sure about the specifics regarding having the same lectures, tests, etc. but I'd also definitely recommend having two separate campus FB groups eventually, especially if your cohort wants to use FB for communication. 

For example, coordinating test times/rooms/changes will be unique to each campus! Same with specific social events y'll will want to do together 🙂

Yeah it may not do much for everyone right now, but it doesn't hurt to start organizing into respective campuses to get to know one another/then later organize living situations/ask specific environment questions, etc. !

• Like 1

true...doesn't hurt to create one so we can have means of communication for those who will be attending Fresno campus. I was trying to create a group but I don't know who has been accepted other than through the username here so those who have been accepted to Fresno campus, let me know your email and we can get a group going 🙂

• Like 1