Samuel Merritt University: 2018-2019 Cycle

47 minutes ago, futurepaphd said:

Hi NicoleJo, I am assuming the day starts at 8:00am per our original invitation. Maybe the main activities start later, but I plan to arrive around 7:30am as asked in the first email.  Did you contact Tonette Green? Are you going to meet and greet tonight? Looking forward to meeting you!! 🙂

Thank you for responding!

I did e-mail Tonette but have not gotten a response...I will not be able to attend the meet and greet because of the time of my flight unfortunately...if anyone attending could ask about the start time and relay the info on here I would greatly appreciate it.

I’m so excited for tomorrow and can’t wait to meet you as well! ☺️

• Like 1

Anyone else never receive info about the pizza social tonight? I’m interviewing tomorrow, but never received an email about the event. As advised on this forum, I emailed admissions a couple days ago for further information, and I was then directed to Tonette, who never responded to my email from around noon today. I’ve checked spam thoroughly too. I just happened to be scoping out the campus this afternoon and saw signs for the pizza social, and a security guard provided me the start time of the event. I’ve read previously here that there is some concern among current students about providing information about the event on this forum, as it provides information through a source that not all applicants have equal access to. I don’t want to step on any toes, so I won’t share the information I gathered, since it wasn’t officially from the university anyway and it could still be wrong. Just unsure if some of the current students do want to share details here, since there may have been some oversight in dissemination of the info about the event. I do realize that the event is optional, but I at least wanted to share my experience!

Edited by Klchaney

What a fun and challenging day yesterday! I walked away from the pizza party and the interview day thoroughly impressed with not only the school, but with the faculty and especially the current students. 

It was truly nine hours of both the school and future students getting to know each other with encouragement and support along the way. A truly impressive presentation of Samuel Merritt.

There are WAY too many current students, faculty and fellow interviewees to thank for their support yesterday. But a special shout out to two members of this forum I was so happy to meet after watching their journey to becoming students on this forum last year-Peanut3 and Tvooooo!! They were at BOTH the Friday and Saturday events! Giving up their precious study time to help out possible future students. Again, just so impressive. 

Good luck to all that interviewed yesterday and during future dates!

• Like 6

On 1/18/2019 at 5:03 PM, Klchaney said:

Anyone else never receive info about the pizza social tonight? I’m interviewing tomorrow, but never received an email about the event. As advised on this forum, I emailed admissions a couple days ago for further information, and I was then directed to Tonette, who never responded to my email from around noon today. I’ve checked spam thoroughly too. I just happened to be scoping out the campus this afternoon and saw signs for the pizza social, and a security guard provided me the start time of the event. I’ve read previously here that there is some concern among current students about providing information about the event on this forum, as it provides information through a source that not all applicants have equal access to. I don’t want to step on any toes, so I won’t share the information I gathered, since it wasn’t officially from the university anyway and it could still be wrong. Just unsure if some of the current students do want to share details here, since there may have been some oversight in dissemination of the info about the event. I do realize that the event is optional, but I at least wanted to share my experience!

KIchaney, I am SO sorry that you had a bad experience getting the information for the Pizza Social, but happy that you were able to make it after all. I personally sent out all the email invites and did make sure to send it to every applicant attending the interview this weekend. I know that a large majority of the emails did end up in spam boxes, so it may just be hiding out in its depths still!

Also, we did decide to mention some information about this event on the forum in case some applicants do not look in their spam but do check this forum. However, we did not provide any information to this forum that was not given to all applicants through email. 

I will mention to the administration that people are not receiving email replies from Tonette, so hopefully you all should get those replies soon. 

Thank you to everyone who interviewed this weekend! We had such a wonderful time getting to know you all. Best of luck in the upcoming weeks and hope to see you all this fall:) 

• Like 3

Hey everyone! It was such a pleasure meeting some of you on Saturday 😍

I was in the restroom during the beginning of them explaining when we should start hearing back. I believe some people will hear back this week, and then the rest of us in March? Did they mention particular dates? Will we hear back via a call, email or letter? Thank you! 🙌

• Like 2

14 hours ago, daydreamy said:

Hey everyone! It was such a pleasure meeting some of you on Saturday 😍

I was in the restroom during the beginning of them explaining when we should start hearing back. I believe some people will hear back this week, and then the rest of us in March? Did they mention particular dates? Will we hear back via a call, email or letter? Thank you! 🙌

It was so wonderful meeting everyone and spending such a lovely day on the campus! Seriously, one of the best interviewing experiences I have ever had. The faculty, students, everyone was just so friendly and open. Made the day very pleasant. From what I was told, we will receive a phone call if we are accepted. They said we will all hear by March but I am not sure about any other dates. Good luck everyone!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, 3mily said:

Do we think Samuel Merritt is done sending out interview invitations at this point? Or will they possibly add a 4th interview session?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi! Current 1st year student here that helped out with the interviews. Unfortunately, SMU only conducts 3 interview sessions, and the last session is this coming Saturday 2/2. There are no more interview invitations going out at this point unless someone drops out from the interview and they need to fill the interview spot ASAP. However, I highly doubt that is the case.

• Like 1

Just now, Blaze00031 said:

No one I’ve been in contact with has heard anything back yet...

So I actually missed a call yesterday from the program. I tried calling back, but couldn't get in touch with any faculty so I left a voice message for Dr. DeRosa. I've only been mildly freaking out since noticing that I missed the call, so hopefully it's good news!!??!!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, daydreamy said:

So I actually missed a call yesterday from the program. I tried calling back, but couldn't get in touch with any faculty so I left a voice message for Dr. DeRosa. I've only been mildly freaking out since noticing that I missed the call, so hopefully it's good news!!??!!

Do you mind telling me what their number started with ?

2 hours ago, daydreamy said:

Fingers crossed for you, daydreamy!!

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1