Samuel Merritt University: 2018-2019 Cycle

59 minutes ago, Blaze00031 said:

I applied only to Oakland also and got the email invitation...any "Fresnos" out there get their invites?

I'll be at the 1/19 with you, daydreamy!!

Hello to all. I got an interview for the 19th as well. Thrilled. I assume the invitation is general bc as far as i know the accreditation for fresno campus is not clear yet! I said yes to fresno on my application bc it is closer to me.

Anyhow, i can wait to meet u all. Good luck to the rest. There were 2 more dates available. Hang in there.

• Like 1

On 12/20/2018 at 10:19 PM, anna1 said:

Hello to all. I got an interview for the 19th as well. Thrilled. I assume the invitation is general bc as far as i know the accreditation for fresno campus is not clear yet! I said yes to fresno on my application bc it is closer to me.

Anyhow, i can wait to meet u all. Good luck to the rest. There were 2 more dates available. Hang in there.

Hi! 

I'll be joining you all for the interview on the 19th as well! Very excited to meet you all and good luck to all of us! 

• Like 1

Hello everyone! I interviewed with Samuel Merritt in January of this year from the previous cycle and loved the experience. I was unfortunately waitlisted and decided to re-apply for this upcoming cycle. The faculty, class, and university was really wonderful during the interview. I was offered another interview for this cycle but will be declining as I have already been accepted to my top school. I wish you all nothing but the best and good luck! As a third time applicant, I know how difficult and stressful it can be... but persistence, resilience, and passion is key. If you really WANT to be a PA, you will definitely get there! 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Blaze00031 said:

California-Alameda to be exact. But If I remember correctly from orientations, preference isn’t given to residents. But someone please correct me if I’m mistaken.

Thank you for the response!

I actually just received an interview invitation this morning and will be attending the 1/19 interview! So exciting!

On 12/27/2018 at 8:13 AM, Blaze00031 said:

California-Alameda to be exact. But If I remember correctly from orientations, preference isn’t given to residents. But someone please correct me if I’m mistaken.

Preference isn't given to CA residents, but a majority of the class is comprised of CA residents. Most likely because there are a lot of CA applicants compared to other states. 

• Like 1

@Blaze000311st year student here. We have a good amount of people who are residents in California BUT we also have a good amount of out-of-state people in our class too. We have people from New Mexico, Florida, Washington (2 people), Maryland, Wisconsin, Arizona and etc too. Preference is not given to California residents from my understanding. I believe one of their main focus is to have a good cohort instead of a where did they come from cohort if that makes sense. From my point of view SMU does a great job of matching personalities that will get a long and work well together as a cohort. In addition, SMU has connections all over the country for rotations if that is one of the reasons you are asking about California preference as well. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Peanut3 said:

@Blaze000311st year student here. We have a good amount of people who are residents in California BUT we also have a good amount of out-of-state people in our class too. We have people from New Mexico, Florida, Washington (2 people), Maryland, Wisconsin, Arizona and etc too. Preference is not given to California residents from my understanding. I believe one of their main focus is to have a good cohort instead of a where did they come from cohort if that makes sense. From my point of view SMU does a great job of matching personalities that will get a long and work well together as a cohort. In addition, SMU has connections all over the country for rotations if that is one of the reasons you are asking about California preference as well. 

Hi. How about international students? :S. I know they said they accept applications from  international students but how likely are they to interview and accept them. I am from Canada and I have applied for this cycle. Still have not heard anything from them...keeping fingers crossed. Also, if they don’t send an invitation for an interview would they send a “decline” letter? I think a lot of people here are wondering that too