UTHSC 2018-2019 cycle

55 minutes ago, FromParamedictoPA said:

Same here. I would bet that the waitlist is still being assembled at this point. Congrats to everyone that has been accepted thus far. 

I actually emailed and asked PJ separately the same day we got the email. He responded that night. Good luck to you all that got accepted and those who are still waiting to know what spot you hold on the waitlist!

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Patelpd1 said:

I actually emailed and asked PJ separately the same day we got the email. He responded that night. Good luck to you all that got accepted and those who are still waiting to know what spot you hold on the waitlist!

Awesome, thanks for the heads up. I will reach out to him about it. Good luck to everybody waiting!

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Calisunshine243 said:

Has anyone from the waitlist been contacted?  Does anyone know if they have opened any slots other than the one from Rachel above?

Congrats on getting into a program in your home state!

I emailed PJ (admissions director) about if my position has changed but he hasn't responded. was thinking about emailing barbara this week

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Trebl said:

I emailed PJ (admissions director) about if my position has changed but he hasn't responded. was thinking about emailing barbara this week

I reached out to him via email about a week after the initial waitlist email went out, but didn’t hear back as well. I would think that there would be some form of notification for waitlisted persons once the class became full, but Idk. 

Edited by FromParamedictoPA
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

WOAH. I just got the call and happily accepted.  Yes, you're reading this correctly- it's December 17th and I accepted the invite.  I couldn't be more excited!

That said, SOS. I'm coming from Nashville and would love any suggestions for apartments to look at before we start in a few weeks!   Is there a facebook page that I can look for/ be added to?  

On 12/17/2018 at 8:45 PM, Red15 said:

WOAH. I just got the call and happily accepted.  Yes, you're reading this correctly- it's December 17th and I accepted the invite.  I couldn't be more excited!

That said, SOS. I'm coming from Nashville and would love any suggestions for apartments to look at before we start in a few weeks!   Is there a facebook page that I can look for/ be added to?  

Congratulations!  Have a look in Harbor Town, its safe and a fun area. 

• Like 2

On 12/17/2018 at 6:45 PM, Red15 said:

Congrats! That’s awesome news! If you don’t mind me asking, what number on the waitlist were you? 

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 4/16/2019 at 8:46 PM, wmb15 said:

Would those accepted mind sharing their stats?

Sure! 

Couple things to keep in mind. UTHSC has a holistic application process. They TRULY look at you as a multi-faceted applicant. Everybody has their strengths and weaknesses, so play up your own strengths. Also, our director of admissions has stated over and over how they look for authenticity in CASPA narratives, be sure to make yourself shine so you get an interview!

cGPA 3.22

sGPA 3.3

GRE 314

experience: 11,000+ hours as an EMT

There are other students in the cohort with similar GPAs, some with way lower GRE scores and some with way less patient care hours. It’s all about appearing as a well-rounded applicant.