UTHSC 2018-2019 cycle

Interviewing on the 5th. Congratulations to those who received interview invitations and keep working hard to those who didn’t!

I’m originally from Scotland, but lived in Baltimore for the past 4 years. Flying to Memphis on the 4th and would love to get together with those interviewing on the 5th. Let me know.

As promised here is the sheet detailing some general interview advice, put together by our vice president, we certainly hope that you find it helpful! Some people have asked about the essay and all I can say about that is that during our cycle we had a handwritten essay over two questions that were very straightforward. It isn't complicated like the GRE writing section, so I wouldn't stress out about it at all! Feel free to ask me any more questions that you may have, I look forward to meeting everyone! 

Sam Jorden, class of 2019

Interview Info Sheet.pdf

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

As promised here is the sheet detailing some general interview advice, put together by our vice president, we certainly hope that you find it helpful! Some people have asked about the essay and all I can say about that is that during our cycle we had a handwritten essay over two questions that were very straightforward. It isn't complicated like the GRE writing section, so I wouldn't stress out about it at all! Feel free to ask me any more questions that you may have, I look forward to meeting everyone! 
Interview Info Sheet.pdf

Thanks! Good luck everyone!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, stjorden said:

Interview Info Sheet.pdf

Thanks, excited to meet everyone interviewing the 5th!

18 hours ago, Nolan said:

Hey everyone. Flying in the 5th from Oregon and interviewing the 6th. Flying out the 8th. I’d be down to meet up, I’ll be staying near campus. 

I will be coming in the 5th as well from Alabama and interviewing the 6th. Where are you staying? Would love to meet up night before!

On 8/21/2018 at 6:28 PM, PA1760 said:

Hi Everyone! I'm interviewing on Sept 11th!

Is it still confirmed that this program is on probation? Has anyone heard any details regarding the probation?

https://www.uthsc.edu/physician-assistant/accreditation-status.php

That says all any of us likely know. But, it's UT. I'm sure they'll rebound from this quickly.

On 8/29/2018 at 2:14 AM, Kt901 said:

https://www.uthsc.edu/physician-assistant/accreditation-status.php

That says all any of us likely know. But, it's UT. I'm sure they'll rebound from this quickly.

They will explain a lot of this in your Q&A/program discussion parts of the interview with Professors Maday and Koltnow, but the gist is that it was all clerical when we switched from the College of Health Professions to the College of Medicine. At that time, the program was going through program directors like crazy (when I interviewed we didn't even have a program director!) but since Kris Maday is in it for the long haul, he has gotten everything under control. Everything should be sorted out by the time the incoming class begins, and it has no impact on our graduation status, employment opportunities, or ability to sit for the PANCE. 

• Like 1