Milligan 2018 Cycle

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 9/10/2018 at 11:01 AM, IAtoPA said:

Has anyone else who has been accepted heard anything from the school yet, besides your acceptance?

I haven't heard anything since I got my acceptance e-mail on 7/27. I did e-mail Jenni Duran several weeks after that and she told me that they should be contacting people soon. I hope I hear something soon. 
I assumed after I made the payment to reserve my seat that I would get some kind of confirmation but not luck.

Have you heard anything?

PS: Congratulations on being accepted!

3 hours ago, BJessee said:

I haven't heard anything since I got my acceptance e-mail on 7/27. I did e-mail Jenni Duran several weeks after that and she told me that they should be contacting people soon. I hope I hear something soon. 
I assumed after I made the payment to reserve my seat that I would get some kind of confirmation but not luck.

Have you heard anything?

I emailed to verify that my check was recieved, and I got an email back stating they had and that we would receive more information in a couple of weeks.

7 hours ago, BJessee said:

Have you heard anything?

I emailed them they’ll be sending out more info including a physical form here soon, they were able to give it to me a little early just because I had a physical already set up, however there’s more to the form that I don’t have yet. 

I’m guessing they’re wanting to solidify the class first. It’s funny this was originally my last choice school and just a backup, but after interviews other places and an acceptance somewhere else it actually ended up being my absolute favorite school!

20 hours ago, PA1819 said:

When is the last interview?

There is no way to be certain, they use rolling admissions and if you look back through this forum it seems to me that they have had about one interview day each month since June. The most recent was late in august. It is possible that they are saving some seats for a September interview, but I'd suggest contacting them directly.

1 hour ago, BJessee said:

There is no way to be certain, they use rolling admissions and if you look back through this forum it seems to me that they have had about one interview day each month since June. The most recent was late in august. It is possible that they are saving some seats for a September interview, but I'd suggest contacting them directly.

I was apart of a group that interviewed on September 12th. They didn't mention if they had more interviews happening or not after ours. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have a friend who is needing to sub-lease her room at the Monarch apartment complex. She lives in a 4 bedroom apartment. Each room has its own bathroom and walk-in closet; then there is a kitchen and living room to share. It comes with a washer and dryer. The rent is $459 with utilities included. You can also take part in the free amenities the complex has to offer. You can get on their website to learn more about these. If anyone is interested let me know and I will give you her contact information 

On 10/19/2018 at 10:08 AM, MSH08 said:

I have a friend who is needing to sub-lease her room at the Monarch apartment complex. She lives in a 4 bedroom apartment. Each room has its own bathroom and walk-in closet; then there is a kitchen and living room to share. It comes with a washer and dryer. The rent is $459 with utilities included. You can also take part in the free amenities the complex has to offer. You can get on their website to learn more about these. If anyone is interested let me know and I will give you her contact information 

Im interested! I was recently accepted and so far have not heard anything back regarding the FB page or housing or even possible roommates with the new incoming class

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I am originally from the area and have been living in Jonesborough (about 20 mins away) for many years.

Is there anything specific you are looking for?
When the weather is better there are a lot of good outdoor things to try but that won't do you any good now :/

There are a lot of good restaurants.

Fast food= Pal's

BBQ= Southern Craft or Firehouse

Mexican= Amigo's or El Charolais

Japanese= Yamato's or Moto's

If you like theater the Barter in Abingdon is usually great (about 1hr away)

On 12/13/2018 at 12:24 AM, BJessee said:

I am originally from the area and have been living in Jonesborough (about 20 mins away) for many years.

Is there anything specific you are looking for?
When the weather is better there are a lot of good outdoor things to try but that won't do you any good now 😕

There are a lot of good restaurants.

Fast food= Pal's

BBQ= Southern Craft or Firehouse

Mexican= Amigo's or El Charolais

Japanese= Yamato's or Moto's

If you like theater the Barter in Abingdon is usually great (about 1hr away)

Went to southern craft and it was amazing! Thank you for the suggestion! We were lucky enough to have gotten to go to roan mountain to hike in October when we were here getting a place to live.

We’re both pretty laid back and just love exploring new things. We actually went to Jonesbourgh it’s a nifty little place with all of its history, and the little distillery is cute.

Just trying to take it in the area before we start school. We had to move earlier for him to start his job, and this is 14 hours from home for us so it’s nice to have time to adjust as well. 

On 12/15/2018 at 7:09 PM, IAtoPA said:

Went to southern craft and it was amazing! Thank you for the suggestion! We were lucky enough to have gotten to go to roan mountain to hike in October when we were here getting a place to live.

We’re both pretty laid back and just love exploring new things. We actually went to Jonesbourgh it’s a nifty little place with all of its history, and the little distillery is cute.

Just trying to take it in the area before we start school. We had to move earlier for him to start his job, and this is 14 hours from home for us so it’s nice to have time to adjust as well. 

Glad you guys liked it!

It's definitely important to settle in before school gets started. If there is anything else you need just let us know!

Archived