University of St. Joseph: 2018 - 2019 application

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
35 minutes ago, ARMANDO411468 said:

Hi!!

Is anyone else having a problem submitting the additional fee via the link that CASPA provided? I have tried the link from several computers and there is an error.

You’ll need to on the school website and pay through the direct link there. The CASPA link was faulty for me as well

On 6/8/2018 at 6:37 AM, hkstacky said:

I got waitlisted for an interview which is disheartening because last year I had an interview but I guess we will see!

right?!? it makes no sense i am in the same boat. Plus compared to last year i have more patient care experience and other non PCE experience. I feel like our scores on the interview from last year has had some sort of decision input this year. Given it was my first ever interview of that style, I wasn't exceptionally stellar but it's been a year and i have worked a lot on improving myself.

It's beyond me how this makes sense. 

Applicant pools is probably stronger this year. Each year for the first few years this happens for most new programs. Once they develop more of a reputation, they get more applicants, and sometimes more competitive applicants. They also might not place as much an emphasis on PCE since they only require 250 hours so your application score may not have changed much depending on how they score and weigh things. Its also possible like you said that they didnt think you were a good fit for the program from last year. Lots of factors. 

On 6/27/2018 at 6:55 PM, PA17applicant said:

I wonder when they’ll start pulling people off the interview waitlist

I'm not sure if its a backup in case the interviews they schedule don't fill the class or if a seat becomes available for an interview last minute and we're the ones they would pull. I guess time will tell. I haven't heard anything since yet. 

On 6/23/2018 at 10:19 AM, PA17applicant said:

I wish we knew where we stood on the waitlist to interview. This happened last year for me too 

They told us that because the waitlist is always changing and being added to that they can’t give you specific placement, but that it goes by your score so you can probably estimate that yourself based on the criteria. Once people get offers from other schools they will drop off quickly so don’t lose hope just yet! 

Archived