FMG trying to get to PA Program> please suggest schools

Hey 

I am a FMG, trying to get into the PA program. I am trying to get my credentials evaluated as well.

I want to know what colleges get the transfer of credits from overseas. how is the system for the PA program

work. Anybody has taken this route and got a PA licensure or suggestions.

It is too frustrating for the degrees not recognised in US.

Any valuable suggestions please 

Thank you

• 7 months later...

I can imagine it is frustrating not to have the degree recognized. I am a 1st year PA student and so admission applications are still fresh on my mind. I frequently recall programs explicitly stating they did not award advanced standing or allow previous course work in place of the core curriculum (I entered already having an MS in biology so this was something I looked at). 

I also used to work at UCLA- I do recall they had a program that took FMGs and prepared them to take and pass the USMLE exams and help with residency applications. Might look into that or something like it?

54 minutes ago, lemurcatta said:

I can imagine it is frustrating not to have the degree recognized. I am a 1st year PA student and so admission applications are still fresh on my mind. I frequently recall programs explicitly stating they did not award advanced standing or allow previous course work in place of the core curriculum (I entered already having an MS in biology so this was something I looked at). 

I also used to work at UCLA- I do recall they had a program that took FMGs and prepared them to take and pass the USMLE exams and help with residency applications. Might look into that or something like it?

NYCOM has a similar bridge for FMGs to DO. I believe it is 3 years. 

Archived