January 2019 Start

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey guys, current 1st year Bethel student here. So first off, congrats on everyone who has been accepted, it’s a huge accomplishment and we’re happy to have you! For those of you who didn’t get in, keep trying! Most of us current students applied multiple cycles. It’s extremely challenging to get accepted, so just keep working hard and improving yourself and it will work out! 

Once you’ve been accepted I know you start scrambling to get everything in line for the start of school, but relax! The staff here is very good at getting you what you need and us students try to help out the best we can. We are in the process of putting together a document that will include current houses we live in that will be open to rent, furniture, books, and various other items and helpful tips, as well as our contact information. We really do try to make the transition into school as easy as possible for you guys so just sit tight! 

Each person had three interviews, each about ~6 minutes long. They are nothing to stress over, just go and be yourself. Most of the time was spent conversing with current students, some faculty, and other applicants. This seems like a wonderful group of people running the program.

With any interview at any school - it pays to know the important answers to "Why did you choose this school?" and "What is a PA?" For example, I had one interviewer ask me who founded the PA profession. It's pretty basic info, but if you've never looked it up then I recommend you do it.

I am interviewing Saturday (8/25) at 8am, but aside from the invitation email, I have not received any additional information regarding the interview.  Has anybody gotten an email with an interview schedule or building location?  Just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing anything.  Thanks!

31 minutes ago, mitchyg said:

I am interviewing Saturday (8/25) at 8am, but aside from the invitation email, I have not received any additional information regarding the interview.  Has anybody gotten an email with an interview schedule or building location?  Just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing anything.  Thanks!

I am as well! I emailed last week and was told there should be an email coming out today

Hey everyone,

First of all, congratulations on your acceptance! Getting to this point is one of the hardest accomplishments, and if you got accepted, you will likely do well with all of the coursework.

One thing I would advise - interview at each place you get an interview. Do not stop just because you have a green light from one school.

Yes, it can be expensive, but the investment will be worth it if accepted into another school. $1,000 in the light of the issues the school continues to have with clinical rotations, despite many students' suggestions for improvement, is a small price to pay if you lose the deposit and decide to go elsewhere. I don't want to be a downer on your excitement, but I do believe you deserve truthful information as this will be one of the greatest investments of your life!

Be informed, be willing to invest into your future, and enjoy the opportunities you are provided!
If you want additional details about what is being referenced, there are other posts (including an upcoming one) on the forum.

29 minutes ago, BethelStudent19 said:

Hey everyone,

First of all, congratulations on your acceptance! Getting to this point is one of the hardest accomplishments, and if you got accepted, you will likely do well with all of the coursework.

One thing I would advise - interview at each place you get an interview. Do not stop just because you have a green light from one school.

Yes, it can be expensive, but the investment will be worth it if accepted into another school. $1,000 in the light of the issues the school continues to have with clinical rotations, despite many students' suggestions for improvement, is a small price to pay if you lose the deposit and decide to go elsewhere. I don't want to be a downer on your excitement, but I do believe you deserve truthful information as this will be one of the greatest investments of your life!

Be informed, be willing to invest into your future, and enjoy the opportunities you are provided!
If you want additional details about what is being referenced, there are other posts (including an upcoming one) on the forum.

Please do post additional info on here

Archived