January 2019 Start

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[mention=148101]NicoleB92[/mention] [mention=144876]m1993[/mention] I interviewed all the way from FL and ended up driving it! From what I was told and after driving the 12 hours (lol) the closest airport seems to be Nashville which was 2 hours away from the school. Good luck at your interview!
Thanks! Haha wish I could drive but its 17 hours for me?‍♀️

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

23 minutes ago, NicoleB92 said:

I know, I'm struggling a bit! Congrats on the interview - where are you coming from?

Thanks! Congrats to you as well! I’m coming from CT, and I see how the airports are over 2 hours away from the school so I’m worried about getting to the school once I land 

1 hour ago, m1993 said:

Thanks! Congrats to you as well! I’m coming from CT, and I see how the airports are over 2 hours away from the school so I’m worried about getting to the school once I land 

Received an invite for the 11th as well. Coming from CT too! 

On 6/19/2018 at 8:40 PM, BethelPAStudent said:

Any idea how often, or a trend for when interviews are sent out?  Also. if I am fortunate enough to have the opportunity to interview, any tips?  I have not received an interview invite or rejection yet, but I remain optimistic. I contacted the program by phone just to make sure they received all my materials, including the shadowing log printout that they ask for, and they said they are going through about 900 applications still.  

Seriously, congrats for those with acceptances.  I am incredibly ecstatic for you guys, and I dream about that day that I get the acceptance.  Well done for you all, and I hope to have that victorious feeling soon!

16 hours ago, NicoleB92 said:

Congratulations! Did you accept? What did you think of it? I'm excited to check it out!

I did accept and I really liked the program. All the faculty and students were extremely welcoming and made you feel comfortable. The interview was by far the most relaxed one I have been to! 

Recommend you guys fly into BNA or MEM and rent a car for the day.

2:20 from BNA, 2:30 from MEM. If you can make it happen, Paducah, KY is 50 mins away but only heard of Chicago/Midwest people flying into there.

For housing, email a first year! They might let you stay with them for cheaper than what Quality Inn might charge you. If you do use Quality Inn, mention you’re interviewing with Bethel for a discount.

Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Also! If you get an interview, they want you. Your job is to show them that it’s the right choice to stay with you! Go in with the confidence that your stats and experience is solid!! They don’t care about that at this point! This interview is to make sure you fit the culture of the program and mesh well with others - even fellow applicants aka your future peers!

1 hour ago, m1993 said:

Has anyone had an interview who is unable to rent a car? I am not old enough to, and I was wondering if there was other ways to get from the airport to the school?

I just checked Hertz and you’re able to rent a car under 25. They will just charge you a surcharge. 

Hey, thanks for the encouragement [emoji119] I appreciate it! Also, good point on the interview hotel discount I will have to mention that for sure!

Also! If you get an interview, they want you. Your job is to show them that it’s the right choice to stay with you! Go in with the confidence that your stats and experience is solid!! They don’t care about that at this point! This interview is to make sure you fit the culture of the program and mesh well with others - even fellow applicants aka your future peers!

I was looking to fly in Friday, I have to look into the car rental now because I didn’t know Hertz lets you rent under 25 years old!
That's helpful then, that's good that there is something out there. Because yeah it's like 2 hrs from there so definitely a car rental is the way to go!

1 hour ago, m1993 said:

I was looking to fly in Friday, I have to look into the car rental now because I didn’t know Hertz lets you rent under 25 years old!

Hertz is the only one I checked so be sure to check each individual site for prices! When I looked on kayak and similar sites it required you to be >25 but the individual sites are different. 

On 8/5/2018 at 9:09 PM, Rrinnat said:

Hi, I have an interview coming up and I was planning on taking an uber from the airport to Paris..has anyone else done this as well? I think I would rather do this than rent a car. I'm flying in this Friday 8/10!

Hey, unsure of your situation obviously. However, cost of an Uber ride to and from Paris will be high. Also, availability of a return driver would be my concern. I live between Nashville and Paris and there are no Uber drivers here. It might be worth it to just rent a vehicle. Just my thoughts!

Good luck on your interview! The current students are all very welcoming and the interviewers are all on your side. Do not be nervous! If you are interviewing, they want you already! 

Archived