2018-2019 Application Cycle

Just received an interview invite for 10/9!

submitted and verified by CASPA 5/10

supplemental invite 6/25

supplemental submission 7/2

acknowledgment of completed file and eligibility for committee review 7/17

Stats: 3.0s 3.4 overall ~3.7 prereqs, 10,000+ PCE as ER/ patient care tech/ PT aide, 500+ hrs volunteer abroad, 40hrs shadowing an ortho PA

Good luck and hope to see many of you there!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 9/9/2018 at 12:36 PM, HaileyRenee said:

This was likely due to you not meeting the prerequisites. I would reach out to the school to see if that were the case.

That's what they said in their email but I made sure all my prerequisites were all done before applying. I did send them another email to see if they can review it again. I haven't gotten a response yet. 

On 9/11/2018 at 2:31 AM, laurenA23 said:

I did both the questions and answers! 

For the first question on the supplemental, did you guys just responded with yes/no? I felt like I elaborated on them on the third question of the supplemental. Also for the second question did you guys just list your shadowing experiences or elaborated on what you observed etc? 

1 hour ago, SoCaliPrePA said:

Congrats on the interview invite and goodluck!

When was your application verified/under review, if you don't mind me asking?

Application was verified on 06/01.

Received the supplemental on 08/03. Submitted it on 08/12.

Sent an update on my application on 09/06 via email.

Received interview on 09/13.

Good Luck!

Question for anyone who completed the supplemental. I have attended a few institutions, only one I received my bachelors at. So for the other programs I put n/a under degree given, but I’m not sure what to put under degree date? I am unable to put n/a. Also, did you leave any institutions blank if you had less than 5? I’m asking because admissions asked me to do my supplemental again as these areas were blank. 

21 hours ago, Goodpa13 said:

Question for anyone who completed the supplemental. I have attended a few institutions, only one I received my bachelors at. So for the other programs I put n/a under degree given, but I’m not sure what to put under degree date? I am unable to put n/a. Also, did you leave any institutions blank if you had less than 5? I’m asking because admissions asked me to do my supplemental again as these areas were blank. 

My BF went through the same thing. He received his bachelors from another school then attended 3 different institutions to complete his pre-reqs for PA. We don't remember, but it was either the enrollment date or last date of class at that institution. Hope this helps. 

2 hours ago, Radprepa said:

My BF went through the same thing. He received his bachelors from another school then attended 3 different institutions to complete his pre-reqs for PA. We don't remember, but it was either the enrollment date or last date of class at that institution. Hope this helps. 

Great, thank you so much! 

Hi everyone!

I'm the Vice President of the MSPAS/MPH Class of 2021 and I'll be checking the forum periodically to answer any questions that I can. Congratulations to all of you applying this year. That in itself is a huge accomplishment. I'm not far removed from the process so I know what you're going through. Stay encouraged and continue to be genuine to yourself throughout this process. Let me know if you have any questions and good luck! ?

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

16 hours ago, TouroCaliPA said:

Hi everyone!

I'm the Vice President of the MSPAS/MPH Class of 2021 and I'll be checking the forum periodically to answer any questions that I can. Congratulations to all of you applying this year. That in itself is a huge accomplishment. I'm not far removed from the process so I know what you're going through. Stay encouraged and continue to be genuine to yourself throughout this process. Let me know if you have any questions and good luck! ?

Have you or any of your classmates received scholarships?