2018-2019 Application Cycle

On 12/11/2018 at 6:16 PM, SW2PA said:

I got an invite for the supplemental about a week ago. I've been hemming and hawing if I even want to throw 50 bucks at the application. It seems pretty late in the cycle. Thoughts?

Hello SW2PA, if you are interested in Touro's program then I highly recommend you submit the supplemental, and make a strong case for your intent to attend their school and how your experience and passion mirror their mission. My understanding is that the adcom will be interviewing through April. I wish you the best!

23 hours ago, CTPAAPPLICANT2018 said:

Has anyone heard back from the 12/11 interview yet? Last year people received phone calls as early as 12/15. Best of luck to everyone who  interviewed!

How's it going CTPAAPPLICANT2018?? I have not received any communication from the adcom. What group were you in? I was in group C. Hope you are well. Take care. 🙂

18 hours ago, CTPAAPPLICANT2018 said:

Hey futurepaphd! I was in group C1! You?

12 hours ago, almondtofu said:

I normally just stalk these forums but I want to join in the group C rally haha. C2 for me! I haven't heard anything yet either, crossing fingers though 🙂

Hello C Team, I was in group C1; so great to find you here!! I had an amazing experience with this program's current students, staff and faculty. Very grateful for a wonderful opportunity, and to have met you and many other incredible candidates too! Only good vibes to all of you applying and waiting to hear back from the adcom. Happy Holidays everyone!!! 🤞👏 ✨

On 11/19/2018 at 11:43 PM, TouroCaliPA said:

For those of you interviewing on 11/27:

If you are looking for  lodging and transportation information check here for recommendations from the school:

http://admissions.tu.edu/lodging/

http://facilities.tu.edu/campusmap/

I stayed at the Holiday Inn Express in American Canyon for my interview. It was nice and they had a continental breakfast in the morning which was super convenient, and just happens to be right across the street from the Starbucks (I can’t go without a good cup of coffee in the morning, so this was a necessity for me)! The school also offers a light breakfast before the interview which I definitely recommend taking advantage of. There are some restaurants around the American Canyon area where I got dinner at as well. There are also some hotels slightly closer to Touro that a number of my classmates stayed in. I flew in and out of San Fransisco Airport and rented a car since I’m from out of state, although the Oakland Airport is closest to the school. 

A few things to know: The school is on Mare Island so the only way to access the campus is on a bridge. There are two bridges that access the island, however, the larger of the two bridges (the CA-37 bridge) is normally rather backed up with morning traffic, and the smaller of the two bridges goes up periodically to allow for ships to pass. Although this doesn’t happen often, it can take about 10 minutes. I recommend planning accordingly for your commute to your interview by leaving extra time for traffic due to these bridges. If you are traveling from OAK or SFO airport or nearby cities that require you to take the 1-80E or 101 N, you will have to pay a toll. The tolls only accept cash, so make sure you have cash otherwise you will receive a ticket! The tolls are anywhere from $5-$8. Also, the tolls can cause a lot of traffic.

Additionally:

We will be holding an informal Meet and Greet on Monday 11/26, at 6:30pm at the Mare Island Brewery Company (located at 289 Mare Island Way, Vallejo, CA). This is completely optional and will give you a chance to meet current students in the program as well as other interviewees. Hopefully it will help get rid of some nerves before your interview. If you're interested please take this quick survey https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/73RFCKH. We look forward to seeing you there!

Thank YOU very much current PA/MPH students for taking the time to meet and welcome us to your program!!! It means a lot to me, and to many other candidates, that you would stay after your final exams to give us an informal introduction to your school and program. I had a wonderful experience and want to wish you the very best of success as PA students and PAs in the making! Happy Holidays to you!!!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, almondtofu said:

I received a call today for the 12/11 interview saying I have a packet coming! Super excited!! 🙂

I just logged on to share the same news.i recieved the call at around 5pm PST.

Today feels like the first day of the rest of my life! Touro has always been my top choice and to receive the call today almost made me start crying (but I was at work so that would have been weird, ha). 

I had a great interview group and couldn’t have done it without each and everyone of you! Group A2 for the win! 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi all! Sorry for my absence over the past month or so, we jumped right back into classes when returning from winter break! If you have not seen my previous posts, I am the current Vice President of the MSPAS/MPH Class of 2021. 

Congratulations to everyone who has been accepted! We are so excited to have you as a part of our Touro family! We recently created a Facebook page for the accepted class of 2022. Here is the link to the page: https://www.facebook.com/groups/2138981133080692/. If you have been ACCEPTED into the program, go ahead and click this link and request to be a member. Our current president (Brent) is running this page, and once you have requested to be added to the page he will confirm your acceptance to the program with our admissions staff and accept you into the group. 

This page has members from our class, and ultimately will contain your whole class prior to starting classes this Fall. It is used for introducing yourself and getting to know your future classmates, as well as asking any questions to current students that you may have regarding the program/housing/finances/etc. We want to make your transition into PA school smooth and ease any stress you may have. We are here to assist you in any way possible!

Again, we are super excited for your journey to start with Touro! Please let me know if you have any questions regarding the Facebook page or anything else.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...