2018-2019 Application Cycle

On 11/4/2018 at 4:51 PM, wahwahwei said:

hi. Does anyone know when is their last interview session after 11/6? or that is the last one? I am still waiting and haven't hear anything from them after the supplemental application. 

Hi @wahwahwei, I am the Vice President of the first-year class at Touro this year and can tell you that Touro will continue to do interviews through the remainder of this semester as well as into early Spring 2019. Not sure on any specifics, but you can definitely still hear from the program regarding an interview. Hopefully that helps!

• Like 1

For those of you interviewing on 11/27:

If you are looking for  lodging and transportation information check here for recommendations from the school:

http://admissions.tu.edu/lodging/

http://facilities.tu.edu/campusmap/

I stayed at the Holiday Inn Express in American Canyon for my interview. It was nice and they had a continental breakfast in the morning which was super convenient, and just happens to be right across the street from the Starbucks (I can’t go without a good cup of coffee in the morning, so this was a necessity for me)! The school also offers a light breakfast before the interview which I definitely recommend taking advantage of. There are some restaurants around the American Canyon area where I got dinner at as well. There are also some hotels slightly closer to Touro that a number of my classmates stayed in. I flew in and out of San Fransisco Airport and rented a car since I’m from out of state, although the Oakland Airport is closest to the school. 

A few things to know: The school is on Mare Island so the only way to access the campus is on a bridge. There are two bridges that access the island, however, the larger of the two bridges (the CA-37 bridge) is normally rather backed up with morning traffic, and the smaller of the two bridges goes up periodically to allow for ships to pass. Although this doesn’t happen often, it can take about 10 minutes. I recommend planning accordingly for your commute to your interview by leaving extra time for traffic due to these bridges. If you are traveling from OAK or SFO airport or nearby cities that require you to take the 1-80E or 101 N, you will have to pay a toll. The tolls only accept cash, so make sure you have cash otherwise you will receive a ticket! The tolls are anywhere from $5-$8. Also, the tolls can cause a lot of traffic.

Additionally:

We will be holding an informal Meet and Greet on Monday 11/26, at 6:30pm at the Mare Island Brewery Company (located at 289 Mare Island Way, Vallejo, CA). This is completely optional and will give you a chance to meet current students in the program as well as other interviewees. Hopefully it will help get rid of some nerves before your interview. If you're interested please take this quick survey https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/73RFCKH. We look forward to seeing you there!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, DramaShears said:

Just got an acceptance call from the 11/06 interview! Best of luck to everyone still in the process! And for those interviewing soon, just be yourself. I know that’s said over and over again but I found that being confident and genuine is what helped me the most. 

Congrats! Same! I didnt think I did well at all in the group interview, but I guess you just never know what the admissions committee is looking for. I thought I gave awesome answers at another school interview but ended up being waitlisted. The application process is stressful and at times it can make you feel like you are not good enough. But never doubt yourself!! Good luck everyone! Ya’ll will be awesome PAs in the future! 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Hey guys!

I also interviewed on 11/6 and got the acceptance call this week! Just to second what @Durian123 said, I didn't feel great about the group interview either, but their interview format allows you ample opportunities to express who you are and why you would be a great fit for the MSPAS/MPH program at Touro. I also agree with @DramaShears 100%, just be confident and genuine!

I've seen in posts from previous years that the Facebook group for the newly admitted class was created by students already in the PA program. Does anyone have any information on when that group will be made so that we can start to figure out housing and other info?

• Like 3

Today I recieved an invite to the December 11 interview date! I am completely speechless!

This is my top choice school, so I was in shock when I read the email. I can’t wait to meet everyone at the interview and show the school everything I can be! I’m going to have a look through the thread for any interview tips, but if you have anything else you learned or have remembered since interviewing, I would appreciate all the help I can get! Good luck to us all.

Edited by HaileyRenee
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, HaileyRenee said:

Today I recieved an invite to the December 11 interview date! I am completely speechless!

This is my top choice school, so I was in shock when I read the email. I can’t wait to meet everyone at the interview and show the school everything I can be! I’m going to have a look through the thread for any interview tips, but if you have anything else you learned or have remembered since interviewing, I would appreciate all the help I can get! Good luck to us all.

When did you submit your secondary app? Best of luck in your interview!! 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Durian123 said:

I havent receive anything yet! Hahah i think they forgot about me again (they forgot to print me a name tag and assign me to a group on interview day 😂)

wait me too!! they didn't even know I was coming even though I emailed them 🤣 
I'm still waiting for an email, but it looks like its just snail mail. Maybe with the holidays yours just got lost?? 

On 11/27/2018 at 1:03 AM, HaileyRenee said:

I'm interviewing on that day too!!!!! 

Hey! I applied/verified in August and received an email that my application was in review last week and a supplemental application invite today. Does anyone know how many interview sessions are potentially left or how many people have been accepted so far? Congrats to anyone who has gotten in so far! 

• Upvote 1

Congrats to everyone who has been accepted so far!! 

I was wondering if there are any current Touro PA students or someone else that might know how many spots in the incoming class are still open (or have an estimate)?  I was so impressed with this program when I attended their open house earlier this year in March, but I am just now sending in my supplemental application.

Edited by jae22
  • Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, helloh said:

Received an acceptance call last week. TUC is a wonderful program, but will be declining my spot. Hope that opens a spot for someone on the waitlist. Congrats and good luck to all! 

Congrats!!! When did you interview? And what group were you in? 

@RPS13 congrats!! What group were you in? 

On 11/28/2018 at 8:35 PM, CTPAAPPLICANT2018 said:

I'm interviewing on that day too!!!!! 

On 11/26/2018 at 10:03 PM, HaileyRenee said:

Congratulations fellow candidates!!! I will be interviewing on that day as well. I am thrilled, very grateful while also still coming to terms with such an amazing opportunity! Will you be attending the meet and greet gathering on the evening prior? In any event I look forward to meeting you, and I wish the best to all our fellow applicants still in waiting game!

On 11/22/2018 at 2:40 PM, PALJP said:

Hey guys!

I also interviewed on 11/6 and got the acceptance call this week! Just to second what @Durian123 said, I didn't feel great about the group interview either, but their interview format allows you ample opportunities to express who you are and why you would be a great fit for the MSPAS/MPH program at Touro. I also agree with @DramaShears 100%, just be confident and genuine!

I've seen in posts from previous years that the Facebook group for the newly admitted class was created by students already in the PA program. Does anyone have any information on when that group will be made so that we can start to figure out housing and other info?

Hi @PALJP, we have not yet started making the Facebook group, we will work on getting that made sometime this Spring after returning from Winter break. We will keep you updated!

On 11/30/2018 at 6:06 PM, jae22 said:

Congrats to everyone who has been accepted so far!! 

I was wondering if there are any current Touro PA students or someone else that might know how many spots in the incoming class are still open (or have an estimate)?  I was so impressed with this program when I attended their open house earlier this year in March, but I am just now sending in my supplemental application.

Hi @jae22, I'm the current VP of the class of 2021, Touro does not release how many students they have accepted/how many more they plan to. Sorry! I'm happy to hear that you liked the school, they are continuing with interviews, so don't lose hope!

13 hours ago, TouroCaliPA said:

Hi @jae22, I'm the current VP of the class of 2021, Touro does not release how many students they have accepted/how many more they plan to. Sorry! I'm happy to hear that you liked the school, they are continuing with interviews, so don't lose hope!

Thank you for the response!  I will be waiting patiently for their decision 🙂