2018-2019 Application Cycle

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 6/16/2018 at 2:49 PM, californiahopefulpa said:

@aceface Thank you for the vital information! Did you apply last year and find this out? 

Yup. I just wanted to save some money for anyone who is applying that has a cGPA/sGPA below 3.4. They say that since it's so competitive applying to PA school, they only offered interviews for 3.4+. I don't have a problem with getting denied, I have a problem with getting false information through their website/phone about having a minimum of 3.2. Could've saved time and money.

41 minutes ago, aceface said:

Yup. I just wanted to save some money for anyone who is applying that has a cGPA/sGPA below 3.4. They say that since it's so competitive applying to PA school, they only offered interviews for 3.4+. I don't have a problem with getting denied, I have a problem with getting false information through their website/phone about having a minimum of 3.2. Could've saved time and money.

Wow that is such a bummer! I am sorry that happened to you, but that is so awesome that you are trying to save us some $$. I hope everything goes well for you this application cycle!

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
15 hours ago, clarbd said:

How do you know that? 

I emailed the school about why I wasn't offered an interview last year. Their reply was that since PA school is so competitive, they only looked at s/cGPA's of 3.4 and above. They also said GPA may go up next year since it is becoming even more competitive. 

• 3 weeks later...

This is what their email says:

Fall 2019 CASPA application deadline = Oct. 1, 2018

Application review = Oct. 1 – Nov. 30 

Interview invitations extended by email = Nov. 1 - Nov. 30

On-campus interviews =
Jan. 10, 11, 12, 2019

Admission notification = by February 15.

$750 deposit deadline = Friday, March 1.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived