2018-2019 Application Cycle

On 11/29/2018 at 8:48 AM, trscott2 said:

I received an interview on 11/26 for group B! So excited to meet everyone. Does anyone applying for the second time know what the attire should be for the less formal orientation/social event on day 1? Are we expected business professional or should business casual be okay?

I would dress professionally both days. Last year by the time we got out of the orientation they do a small reception to meet staff and then there was a small group of students that met at a local bar so you could ask more questions. There is not really any time to change attire in between. The student outing portion of the day is optional and they make sure you know it is not required. 

I received a rejection yesterday 😀 No worries though, I've been offered several other interviews and been accepted by a couple of schools already. One of which has  a better ranking than BCM. I said that to say, those who were rejected don't sweat it, you don't know what a school is looking for and why they think you did or did not fit their program this go round! There is hope so keep working hard 🙂

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Hi everyone! Congrats to everyone on their interviews! I was wondering if anyone could provide a concrete date for the prerequisite course completion time limit. For example, I am aware that the science courses must be no more than seven years old, so would that mean that courses taken in the fall of 2011 would be the last courses to make the cut since those courses were completed in December of 2011 (within 7 years)? Or would they not make the cut since they BEGAN more than seven years ago in August of 2011? Thanks in advance for any insight! 

Has anyone been pulled off the waitlist? I just received an email and I’m a little confused it basically said we have filled all of our interview positions and while we “do not give out positions on the waitlist, your position on the list is such that the possibility of an invitation to interview remains if there should be any cancellations from those who are in the interview pool.  You will be notified as soon as possible if this is the case” is this a rejection? Or just notifying me that I am still on the waitlist? I am not sure what to make of it at this point. Thanks y’all! 

4 hours ago, pahopeful46 said:

Has anyone been pulled off the waitlist? I just received an email and I’m a little confused it basically said we have filled all of our interview positions and while we “do not give out positions on the waitlist, your position on the list is such that the possibility of an invitation to interview remains if there should be any cancellations from those who are in the interview pool.  You will be notified as soon as possible if this is the case” is this a rejection? Or just notifying me that I am still on the waitlist? I am not sure what to make of it at this point. Thanks y’all! 

I got the same email today! I interpreted it as a confirmation that we are still on the waitlist and that we are sitting at a decent spot on it so there is still a chance that we take someone's interview spot if they cancel. I assume from that email that they are starting to cut people from the waitlist?? but I'm not too sure either. The wording was strange and from my interpretation the email didn't really seem to contain any new info 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, JaneYi said:

The same here. Did you get a confirmation for your attendance? I didn't, but someone did. I am confused since today is the last day to confirm. I am afraid they didn't get my submission form for some reason.

I did receive a confirmation earlier this morning. They gave me by December 17th by 5pm to confirm. 

• 2 weeks later...

Is anyone else who is interviewing still completing pre-reqs? I just finished 4 courses in the fall, and I emailed Baylor yesterday asking if I needed to submit my transcripts directly to them, to CASPA, or to both. I haven't heard back. I'm thinking they may still be on break. Has anyone else asked them how they'd prefer to receive transcripts of courses recently completed?

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, lctexas4 said:

With the interview being two days, are y’all planning on wearing a full suit on the first day as well? 

I am wondering this as well. I have two suits but one is much nicer than the other. Is it inappropriate to wear the same suit but with different shoes/shirt for the two days?

15 hours ago, Paperbae said:

I am wondering this as well. I have two suits but one is much nicer than the other. Is it inappropriate to wear the same suit but with different shoes/shirt for the two days?

@zoltman since you interviewed last year, can you provide any advice? I don’t want to go buy a second suit, but I certainly don’t want to be the only one not in a suit on that first day. 

On 1/4/2019 at 3:54 PM, ekatiel said:

Is anyone else who is interviewing still completing pre-reqs? I just finished 4 courses in the fall, and I emailed Baylor yesterday asking if I needed to submit my transcripts directly to them, to CASPA, or to both. I haven't heard back. I'm thinking they may still be on break. Has anyone else asked them how they'd prefer to receive transcripts of courses recently completed?

@ekatiel did you hear back from them? I'm also completing prereqs and was wondering about this too

14 hours ago, naPA21 said:

@ekatiel did you hear back from them? I'm also completing prereqs and was wondering about this too

I have not heard back. I'll let you know if I hear anything.

As far as attire goes, I was planning on wearing a blouse and black slacks the first day and a suit the second day. I'm hoping I don't need to go buy a second suit!!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Megan2 said:

Under the "Schedule" link it says that at 2pm we meet in the Cullen Auditorium. The second day doesn't show where we meet for interviews. I am just curious as they will obviously tell us this information later, but where are the interviews conducted?

I was thinking more information might be sent out, but doesn't look to be the case. When I have visited the main building where the Cullen Auditorium is located previously, I noticed that there is a sign on the building stating Baylor Physician Assistant Program. I'm assuming this is probably where the classrooms/faculty are located (have to have a badge to enter, so not entirely certain). I'm guessing we will at least be told after the first day 🙂