January 2019 start

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Everyone...

This thread was not easy to find at all....but I am glad I found it! I got an email 6/7 that my application is complete and ready for review and that I should expect a response in 10-14 days!

Im nervous because I have an interview in July for another January start program but AMC is definitely higher on my list. Hoping to hear back sooner than 14 days so I can weigh all my options!

Good luck to all!

17 hours ago, rpat11394 said:

My ask what your stats were? I'm scared to apply now! haha

Hi guys! This is the email that I received from AMC. My stats for GRE Math are 45% and my sGPA is 3.40. My healthcare hours are also closer to 2300 hours rather than the almost 2900 for the average accepted. The rest of my stats are equal or above the stats for the average accepted, so as stated by AMC, I really do see why I was not accepted LOL. GRE Verbal : 65% and GRE Analytical: 60%. Overall GPA is 3.75. Hope this helps you guys!

14 hours ago, ss141600 said:

Im sorry! I know what this feels like, but just know there are many other schools! You will get in! Yes, could you share your stats if you don't mind?

Thank you for the kind words!

Capture.JPG

2 hours ago, Mvh0602 said:

Oh no I’m sorry! But hey you already have an interview for July ! @pk325

Thank you for posting an update and good luck at that interview !! 

Thank You! This rejection is extra motivation to kick a** at that interview! Good luck to you as well!

AMC Interview was very laid back. It was really centered around getting to know the candidates. They were kind, funny, and appreciative. 

They will inform you of their decision via email within 24 hours. 

Accepted stats:

Major: Biochemistry and Molecular Biology 

cGPA: 3.92

sGPA: 3.91

Patient Care Hours: ~1500

GRE: Writing 93%, Verbal 78%, Quant 68%. 

1 hour ago, Lg471417 said:

AMC Interview was very laid back. It was really centered around getting to know the candidates. They were kind, funny, and appreciative. 

They will inform you of their decision via email within 24 hours. 

Accepted stats:

Major: Biochemistry and Molecular Biology 

cGPA: 3.92

sGPA: 3.91

Patient Care Hours: ~1500

GRE: Writing 93%, Verbal 78%, Quant 68%. 

Did you recieve an interview this application cycle 2018-2019?

4 hours ago, SoonToBePAC said:

Today is my 14 day mark from receiving the 10-14 day review email and I'm so anxious! Hope to hear back something good today. Good luck everyone!

I submitted may 12th and it’s been over a month Without hearing anything. But hopefully it will be soon for you too!

37 minutes ago, ss141600 said:

I submitted may 12th and it’s been over a month Without hearing anything. But hopefully it will be soon for you too!

Yikes! I was hoping since their email specifically said it would be 10-14 days that they would stick to it. But at least we're still in the game for now. Still being under review is better than rejection so hopefully it's a good thing! The waiting game is just terrible.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/15/2018 at 3:37 PM, SoonToBePAC said:

Yikes! I was hoping since their email specifically said it would be 10-14 days that they would stick to it. But at least we're still in the game for now. Still being under review is better than rejection so hopefully it's a good thing! The waiting game is just terrible.

Just received a rejection email. Best of luck to those still in the running! Remember, it only takes one school to say yes for you to become a PA ? I'm excited for what everyone's future holds and hope y'all stay encouraged during this process! Adios ✌

Also received my rejection. I received an e-mail on Jun 18th that my application was complete and an e-mail about an hour ago that I wasn't offered an interview. This isn't my first cycle applying so I called hoping to get some constructive criticism and the woman that answered was kind of rude. My PCE and HCE are aover 5,000 hours my GRE scores are at or above their average with GPAs slightly below average. She told me that my science GPA was below and I had a low grade in chemistry and that stopped me.... but then I dont understand why they make their admission requirements more strict because I fit into their requirements no problem, yet my grade was enough to not even be considered. Makes little sense to me. Just unfortunate more and more PA schools are turning into med schools where they care more about grades than experience. Hopefully some school will realize how smart, experienced, and how dedicated I am to this career. Albany's loss... (I feel like I was broken up with hahah)

Good luck to everyone else applying. Hope all our hard work pays off!

1 hour ago, SoonToBePAC said:

Just received a rejection email. Best of luck to those still in the running! Remember, it only takes one school to say yes for you to become a PA ? I'm excited for what everyone's future holds and hope y'all stay encouraged during this proces! Adios ✌

Oh no. I am so sorry. But you are SO right. It only takes on school for you to become a PA, and with your attitude I don't think you will have any problem getting there. Best of luck to you throughout the rest of this terrible waiting game! If you don't mind me asking though, what were your stats like? I have a pretty mediocre GPA and I am worried that is going to hurt my chances with a lot of schools.  

Archived