Shared visit?

Does anyone know how it works if the patient is on the Physicians schedule but the PA performs the injections, etc. My schedule lately has been extremely slow to the point where my SP no longer feels like she needs a PA. However, when we are both in office I perform a large portion of the patient injections that are on her schedule but she bills for them after popping her head in. Therefore, my numbers actually look lower then they are. Of note, my current practice does not allow shared visits/billing.

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/4/2018 at 8:57 AM, FLPAmom said:

Does anyone know how it works if the patient is on the Physicians schedule but the PA performs the injections, etc. My schedule lately has been extremely slow to the point where my SP no longer feels like she needs a PA. However, when we are both in office I perform a large portion of the patient injections that are on her schedule but she bills for them after popping her head in. Therefore, my numbers actually look lower then they are. Of note, my current practice does not allow shared visits/billing.

Doesn't matter as far as shared billing is concerned. The person billing for a procedure must perform the critical portion of the procedure. The injection should be billed under your NPI. 

Archived